Android OS Forum banner
2461 - 2480 of 3468 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey guys, BaNKs on XDA helped me fix that error and I was able to complete the build for the mako !!
What to do is to go to hardware/qcom/media/Android.mk
and add this before the elseif :
Code:
<br />
include hardware/qcom/display/libgenlock/Android.mk<br />
include hardware/qcom/display/libcopybit/Android.mk<br />
include hardware/qcom/display/libexternal/Android.mk<br />
include hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/Android.mk<br />
include hardware/qcom/display/libhwcomposer/Android.mk<br />
include hardware/qcom/display/liblight/Android.mk<br />
include hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/Android.mk<br />
include hardware/qcom/display/libqdutils/Android.mk<br />
include hardware/qcom/display/libqservice/Android.mk<br />
include hardware/qcom/display/libtilerenderer/Android.mk<br />
Then run a
Code:
<br />
make clobber<br />
and start a fresh build and everything will work properly :D Enjoy !!

See the fix I just posted
There is no elseif???

Code:
<br />
QCOM_MEDIA_ROOT := $(call my-dir)<br />
ifneq ($(filter msm8974 msm8960 msm8660 msm7x27a msm7x30,$(TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM)),)<br />
include $(QCOM_MEDIA_ROOT)/mm-core/Android.mk<br />
include $(QCOM_MEDIA_ROOT)/libstagefrighthw/Android.mk<br />
endif<br />
ifneq ($(filter msm8974 msm8960 msm8660 msm7x30,$(TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM)),)<br />
include $(QCOM_MEDIA_ROOT)/mm-video/Android.mk<br />
include $(QCOM_MEDIA_ROOT)/libI420colorconvert/Android.mk<br />
endif<br />

·
Registered
89 Posts
There is no elseif???

Code:
<br />
QCOM_MEDIA_ROOT := $(call my-dir)<br />
ifneq ($(filter msm8974 msm8960 msm8660 msm7x27a msm7x30,$(TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM)),)<br />
include $(QCOM_MEDIA_ROOT)/mm-core/Android.mk<br />
include $(QCOM_MEDIA_ROOT)/libstagefrighthw/Android.mk<br />
endif<br />
ifneq ($(filter msm8974 msm8960 msm8660 msm7x30,$(TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM)),)<br />
include $(QCOM_MEDIA_ROOT)/mm-video/Android.mk<br />
include $(QCOM_MEDIA_ROOT)/libI420colorconvert/Android.mk<br />
endif<br />
I wrote it wrong
My mistake ... Sorry

This is what i have in the Android.mk :
Code:
<br />
ifneq ($(filter msm8960 msm8660 msm7x30,$(TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM)),)<br />
include $(call all-subdir-makefiles)<br />
endif<br />
Enjoy !!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wrote it wrong
My mistake ... Sorry

This is what i have in the Android.mk :
Code:
<br />
ifneq ($(filter msm8960 msm8660 msm7x30,$(TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM)),)<br />
include $(call all-subdir-makefiles)<br />
endif<br />
Enjoy !!
So I've been working with the AOKP devs... this is a workaround and won't build the best you can. The issue is that CM changed their build philosophy, and expects kernels built inline not the prebuilt that AOKP uses so the repo is a little screwed up. The right way to do it is to download the kernel source and build it inline. That works 100%. Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 4 or 7

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I've been working with the AOKP devs... this is a workaround and won't build the best you can. The issue is that CM changed their build philosophy, and expects kernels built inline not the prebuilt that AOKP uses so the repo is a little screwed up. The right way to do it is to download the kernel source and build it inline. That works 100%. Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 4 or 7
Will the OP instructions be updated for 110% newbs? Or can you post newer instructions than in the OP?

·
Premium Member
662 Posts

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,466 ·
Will the OP instructions be updated for 110% newbs? Or can you post newer instructions than in the OP?
It doesn't get any easier than the tutorial in the first post. If you cannot copy and paste commands line for line, this isn't for you.

Really not trying to be my typical douchey self but rather just stating a fact.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It doesn't get any easier than the tutorial in the first post. If you cannot copy and paste commands line for line, this isn't for you.

Really not trying to be my typical douchey self but rather just stating a fact.
Well they need to be updated. Following them does not let me build for the mako. '[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]git clone [/background]https://github.com/faux123/mako.git[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] -b enhanced_stock kernel/lge/mako' just hangs at: [/background]
[email protected]:~/aokp_jb$ git clone --verbose https://github.com/faux123/mako.git -b enhanced_stock kernel/lge/mako
Cloning into 'kernel/lge/mako'...
POST git-upload-pack (274 bytes)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well they need to be updated. Following them does not let me build for the mako. '[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]git clone [/background]https://github.com/faux123/mako.git[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] -b enhanced_stock kernel/lge/mako' just hangs at: [/background]
[email protected]:~/aokp_jb$ git clone --verbose https://github.com/faux123/mako.git -b enhanced_stock kernel/lge/mako
I don't see where in the OP it tells you to issue that command.

·
News Team
1,390 Posts
i've been trying to repo sync today and gotten this same error about 4 times. http://pastebin.com/pdgCruMs last time i did a fresh sync after deleting my folders and got the same error. is this something on my end?
LMAO at your computer name. Do you do any cherry picks? If not it may be due to some recent merge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
News Team
1,390 Posts
The OP hasn't been updated in a while you need to sync the jb mr1 branch. I don't have the link but you can search it on github.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
483 Posts
Sorry if that what I say sounds harsh, but as the title says this is a reference guide and not a "build AOKP for dummies".

Read more about the build system, repo and git.

Marc
what is this guide for then? professionals? i have read all 248 posts here, nothing personal just trying to learn since i was not born knowing...sarcasm duly noted

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
what is this guide for then? professionals? i have read all 248 posts here, nothing personal just trying to learn since i was not born knowing...sarcasm duly noted
If you have read all 248 pages and still can't complete a build there's not much more we can do for you. It's just not meant to be.

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
There is a large grey area here. If you don't have the knowledge or desire to 'change' things (ie, add your own code - port features from other places - fix something), there really is no need to do this anyway. There are enough people sharing nightlies, and cherry-picked builds that compiling just for the sake of compiling is pointless.

So, that must mean you have some level of coding & compiling knowledge. People here *will* help when problems arise. But what gets aggravating is the same questions/problems asked over and over again. Or someone who just keeps getting stuck on issues and comes straight here over and over again without appearing to have tried to find their own mistakes, google it, etc.

Again, not trying to be mean, but Marc is right, if you are just trying to compile so you have the latest cherry-picks and you aren't contributing back to the ROM in some way, then you probably don't need to be compiling. You need to be using someone else's builds.

We expect that if you are going to compile & use cherry-picked items, that you actually debug them for us. Read the code, test it. Report back through gerrit any problems you've discovered IN THE CODE (not in your ability to compile it)

There is a reason we release 'Official Builds'. Those are reasonably well tested and ready for daily use.

·
Registered
343 Posts
so i did all the steps and now if i want to start the build for the vzw sgsiii instead of toro, i type:
. build/envsetup.sh && brunch d2vzw correct? just making sure so i dont make a build for the wrong device

2461 - 2480 of 3468 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.