Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 3468 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for this. I was able to build successfully. I did have to install the schedtool, and I also had to run "repo sync -f" as the sync failed on my initial run. I had read in another thread that adding the "-f" flag helped some people have it sync without failure. I haven't tested what I built yet though.

· Good at breaking things
711 Posts
Interesting. This morning's build finally completed (slow slow slow laptop...), and it does seem to have the audio_policy.conf file included. The only thing I did different (other than resyncing my repos this morning) was using brunch to build rather than lunch + make. Well, I'm pleased to have that sorted out.

· Registered
49 Posts
question about the required packages:

in the OP it says to get these:
sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 openjdk-6-jdk tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386

and then:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so

on the ICS tutorial it says to get these:
sudo apt-get install curl git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib

So should I redo the packages using the listed jb packages? Will they just update whatever needs it? Also still on 11.10, so am guessing I can go ahead and let ubuntu update to 12.04 before doing this? Thanks.

· Registered
49 Posts
I haven't had good results trying to manually repackage the zip (what method were you using?). I've been able to manually pull the audio_policy.conf file from ~/aokp_jb/device/samsung/tuna/audio; I then adb push it to /system/etc after flashing the ROM. That works for me (so far).
Thanks for this, my toro build was missing this too. Found it in the build folder and copied it over. Working great.

· Good at breaking things
711 Posts
question about the required packages:

in the OP it says to get these:
sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 openjdk-6-jdk tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386

and then:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so

on the ICS tutorial it says to get these:
sudo apt-get install curl git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib

So should I redo the packages using the listed jb packages? Will they just update whatever needs it? Also still on 11.10, so am guessing I can go ahead and let ubuntu update to 12.04 before doing this? Thanks.
Since this tutorial was written with 12.04 in mind, I'd probably go on and upgrade to that and install the listed packages.

· Android Apprentice
177 Posts
Glad to help. I'm having a blast learning a bit more about this stuff :)

Were you building it with brunch as described in the OP? I think that's the only thing I did differently this time and the audio_policy.conf worked correctly.

And to your earlier questions:

Since this tutorial was written with 12.04 in mind, I'd probably go on and upgrade to that and install the listed packages.
I was using brunch. Not sure why it's not included in the zip but I now have it on the gnex's "sdcard" so it's easy enough to copy into system/etc if I need it again.

· Android Beginner
32 Posts
So i'm loooking through the AOKP git to try and find what kernel I would need to git clone to build for d2tmo, and can't seem to find, anyone point me in the right direction? Also what is the correct folder to clone to? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
Edit: here's a paste in of the error I get when trying to compile if it helps http://pastebin.com/XbPpYjT5

· Supporting Member
306 Posts
So i'm loooking through the AOKP git to try and find what kernel I would need to git clone to build for d2tmo, and can't seem to find, anyone point me in the right direction? Also what is the correct folder to clone to? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
Edit: here's a paste in of the error I get when trying to compile if it helps http://pastebin.com/XbPpYjT5
I haven't looked yet but you prob need to pull the kernel from CM10. I know both Protekk and Whitehawkz have builds of d2tmo

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

· Premium Member
194 Posts
[email protected]:~$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so': File exists

any help . please :-(
Ha, I got "failed to create symbolic link" as well, but not "File exists"; I got "No such file or directory."

edit: Tried running the first round of copy/paste over again, and that had an error in it...

Code:
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of [URL=libc6-dev:i386]libc6-dev:i386[/URL]:<br />
[URL=libc6-dev:i386]libc6-dev:i386[/URL] depends on linux-libc-dev.<br />
dpkg: error processing [URL=libc6-dev:i386]libc6-dev:i386[/URL] (--configure):<br />
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
edit2: I noticed the error in the bar (not sure what it's called in Ubuntu, haha) and it mentioned missing dependencies. So I ran

Code:
<br />
sudo apt-get update -f<br />
then I ran

again and it seems to have worked...

21 - 40 of 3468 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.