41 - 60 of 3468 Posts

·
Good at breaking things
723 Posts
followed the guide synced the repo i go to build and get

[email protected]:~/aokp_jb$ build/envsetup.sh && brunch captivatemtd
bash: build/envsetup.sh: Permission denied
[email protected]:~/aokp_jb$
Make sure the envsetup.sh script has execute permission set (chmod +x build/envsetup.sh). Also try ". build/envsetup.sh".

·
Android Apprentice
38 Posts
Make sure the envsetup.sh script has execute permission set (chmod +x build/envsetup.sh). Also try ". build/envsetup.sh".
thanks for the speedy reply here is what i got

Code:
<br />
[email protected]:~/aokp_jb$ build/envsetup.sh && brunch captivatemtd<br />
including device/asus/grouper/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/generic/armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/generic/armv7-a/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/moto/wingray/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/samsung/crespo/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/samsung/d2tmo/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/samsung/maguro/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/samsung/toro/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/ti/panda/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including vendor/aokp/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash<br />
No command 'brunch' found, did you mean:<br />
Command 'branch' from package 'rheolef' (universe)<br />
brunch: command not found<br />
and

Code:
<br />
[email protected]:~/aokp_jb$ build/envsetup.sh<br />
including device/asus/grouper/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/generic/armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/generic/armv7-a/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/moto/wingray/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/samsung/crespo/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/samsung/d2tmo/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/samsung/maguro/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/samsung/toro/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including device/ti/panda/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including vendor/aokp/vendorsetup.sh<br />
including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash<br />
[email protected]:~/aokp_jb$<br />

·
That one guy...
434 Posts
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Anyone with experience compiling:[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]1. When you make a build, is the device kernel apart of the .zip file created? Or do I have to flash a kernel with the new .zip?[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]2. Let's say I run a repo sync today, and then a week from now I decide to run repo sync again to get every new change.[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]When I run that second repo sync does it automatically delete the old repo sync files?[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Or do I have to go find the old files and delete them?[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Or does that second repo sync only download what has changed? [/background]

·
Good at breaking things
723 Posts
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Anyone with experience compiling:[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]1. When you make a build, is the device kernel apart of the .zip file created? Or do I have to flash a kernel with the new .zip?[/background]
A kernel is always included. It wouldn't boot otherwise.

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]2. Let's say I run a repo sync today, and then a week from now I decide to run repo sync again to get every new change.[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]When I run that second repo sync does it automatically delete the old repo sync files?[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Or do I have to go find the old files and delete them?[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Or does that second repo sync only download what has changed? [/background]
Each repo sync should only download/replace what changes have been merged since the last sync. This means that if you've cherry-picked any commits they will be overwritten. Or at least that is my understanding. I've only been building successfully for a few days now.

·
That one guy...
434 Posts
A kernel is always included. It wouldn't boot otherwise.

Each repo sync should only download/replace what changes have been merged since the last sync. This means that if you've cherry-picked any commits they will be overwritten. Or at least that is my understanding. I've only been building successfully for a few days now.
Thanks! What you said sounds right to me, especially with the kernel being included, it would be pretty stupid to not include it. Out of curiosity are you building using Ubuntu in a virtual machine or is it actually running on your machine?

·
Good at breaking things
723 Posts
Thanks! What you said sounds right to me, especially with the kernel being included, it would be pretty stupid to not include it. Out of curiosity are you building using Ubuntu in a virtual machine or is it actually running on your machine?
I'm actually running Ubuntu.

·
That one guy...
434 Posts
I'm actually running Ubuntu.
Hmm, yeah I'm gonna try loading Ubuntu into VmWare Player and then try to build from source. Hopefully everything works.

·
Android Beginner
32 Posts
So i'm loooking through the AOKP git to try and find what kernel I would need to git clone to build for d2tmo, and can't seem to find, anyone point me in the right direction? Also what is the correct folder to clone to? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
Edit: here's a paste in of the error I get when trying to compile if it helps http://pastebin.com/XbPpYjT5
Someone please, PLEASE help me with this, I've been trying for two days and getting nowhere, and am about to start pulling my hair out. tried running the manual_add_kernel_manifest.sh file, no dice, tried git cloning the cyanogen kernel for d2 no dice, I'm about to punch babies here. o_O

·
Supporting Member
174 Posts
You do not need to change the permissions on envsetup.sh - but you DO need the '. ' in the line, as in:
. build/envsetup.sh && brunch toro

The '.' means to include the contents of the file into your shell environment - this file contains alot of function definitions and environment variables using to build with.

·
Good at breaking things
723 Posts
You do not need to change the permissions on envsetup.sh - but you DO need the '. ' in the line, as in:
. build/envsetup.sh && brunch toro

The '.' means to include the contents of the file into your shell environment - this file contains alot of function definitions and environment variables using to build with.
Thanks for the clarification; I figured the "." did something to that effect but wasn't exactly sure what.

·
Android Apprentice
38 Posts
bummer i have a captivate and it looks like it has not been added to the repo i used

.[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)] build/envsetup.sh && brunch captivatemtd it came back saying its not there basically [/background]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hopefully someone can help me with this. I'm getting this error after about 40minutes to an hour of compiling:

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/clang_intermediates/clang] Error 1

Now from what I gather online this is due to low memory, I have a dual core with 4GB of ram so I created a 30GB swap space on my ubuntu 12.04 but still getting the same error.

·
? - ???
1,158 Posts
Hmm, yeah I'm gonna try loading Ubuntu into VmWare Player and then try to build from source. Hopefully everything works.
I use Virtualbox it works well, I'd assume vmware would too.
I do not use ubuntu though, I use arch linux.
Just give yourself a decent size swap partition 2 to 5G

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hopefully someone can help me with this. I'm getting this error after about 40minutes to an hour of compiling:

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/clang_intermediates/clang] Error 1

Now from what I gather online this is due to low memory, I have a dual core with 4GB of ram so I created a 30GB swap space on my ubuntu 12.04 but still getting the same error.
We need the lines before that to see what the error is.
Basically, the compiler (or linker, it looks like it this case) is having issues, and they exiting - you're just showing us the exit, and not the error.

e.g.
Unable to find file blahblah.c in file hoopy.c:549 - file doesn't exist
Error 1 in blahhah.c.

and you're only showing the second line - we need the first to see what's gone wrong. :)

41 - 60 of 3468 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.