Android OS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 3468 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Anone know why I am getting this error:

/bin/bash: prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: cannot execute binary file

The file does exist and is shown as executable.

Runnig KUbuntu 12.04

Tom

· That one guy...
433 Posts
I use Virtualbox it works well, I'd assume vmware would too.
I do not use ubuntu though, I use arch linux.
Just give yourself a decent size swap partition 2 to 5G
I have 8gb on my system so I was gonna give it 4gb to work with, that should be plenty.

· That one guy...
433 Posts
Code:
<br />
~$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so<br />
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so': File exists<br />
Any thoughts on how to fix that?

· Registered
96 Posts
Just successfuly compiled for maguro, but I have 2 files and I don't know what to flash:

aokp_maguro_jb-build-1.zip (158,6 MB)
aokp_maguro-ota-eng.kecinzer.zip (152,7 MB)

What is difference?
me too man..one with proper md5 right?i think the right one is aokp_maguro_jb-build-1.zip (158,6 MB) but only my thinkin'.the differences in dimension for me are only 0.4 mb..for you instead are 5.9 mb..

· That one guy...
433 Posts
Code:
<br />
Import includes file: out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/mkbootimg_intermediates/import_includes<br />
host C: libmincrypt <= system/core/libmincrypt/rsa.c<br />
host C: libmincrypt <= system/core/libmincrypt/sha.c<br />
system/core/libmincrypt/sha.c: In function 'SHA_update':<br />
system/core/libmincrypt/sha.c:153:16: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]<br />
Import includes file: out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/acp_intermediates/import_includes<br />
host C++: libhost <= build/libs/host/pseudolocalize.cpp<br />
host C: libhost <= build/libs/host/CopyFile.c<br />
host C: mkbootfs <= system/core/cpio/mkbootfs.c<br />
prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc -mthumb-interwork -Ibionic/libc/private -DCRT_LEGACY_WORKAROUND -Ibionic/libc/private -Ibionic/libc/arch-arm/include -o out/target/product/toro/obj/lib/crtbegin_static.o -c bionic/libc/arch-arm/bionic/crtbegin_static.S<br />
/bin/bash: prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: cannot execute binary file<br />
make: *** [out/target/product/toro/obj/lib/crtbegin_static.o] Error 126<br />
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....<br />
Umm, anyone have a clue what didn't work right?

· That one guy...
433 Posts
Anone know why I am getting this error:

/bin/bash: prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: cannot execute binary file

The file does exist and is shown as executable.

Runnig KUbuntu 12.04

Tom
^This, I've tried to compile twice now and I get about ten of these errors in a row and then a bunch of code on build.prop and then some random error that changes each time.

· That one guy...
433 Posts
So yeah, when I try to compile I get this:
Code:
<br />
/bin/bash: prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: cannot execute binary file<br />
About twenty to thirty times, and then some thing regarding bootanimation.zip and then some code about the kernel and then the compile gets an error and stops after twenty seconds after that code I posted above.

· Registered
17 Posts
How much space do you guys see being used for this whole process? I'm trying to setup through a VM but the 1st time I set aside 20gb and I ran out of space during the sync. The 2nd time I set aside 35gb and I ran out of space during the build. Isn't the source only 10-12gb? I'm a bit confused.

· That one guy...
433 Posts
So yeah, I'm an idiot and I originally set up Ubuntu 32-bit instead of 64! Disregard all of my previous posts about error messages. My apologizes.

· That one guy...
433 Posts
I used up 40G and had to expand to 80G. I'm assuming that will be enough.
I just set mine to 32, but since I'm using VMware I can just expand the allowed size as needed.

· That one guy...
433 Posts
Compiling for toro now, wish me luck.
EDIT: So yeah, 32gb of space was not enough...

· That one guy...
433 Posts
I'm facing the same thing. How did you solve this issue? Thanks

~renzs
I did indeed. The error occurred because I was trying to compile Jelly Bean in a 32-bit version of Ubuntu, and to compile successfully Jelly Bean needs a 64-bit system.

Reactions: renzs

· That one guy...
433 Posts
OK. Thanks. I'm on 32 bit as well. *sigh* have to re setup the rig.
How many GB space was required finally?
hahahaha, yeah, I'm resetting mine up right now because I didn't put enough. I did 32gb the first time and that wasn't enough so I doubled it this time.

Reactions: renzs
61 - 80 of 3468 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.