Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to make my first Ubuntu image for the D2G (Should work for d2) later today, when/if all goes well I will post it here.

Note: This will NOT install directly over your android install, this basically makes the phone to use your kernel with loop back fs essentially for ubuntu. So you can run a script and boot ubuntu inside your terminal in android.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First I gotta find my Ubuntu live boot disc lol... it's around here somewhere. I'm out of DVD's. Won't be too hard to make really... It's more of a matter of if moto let's us run loop back fs's on our kernel.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is gonna be released tomorrow. My disc is apparently gone lol.... I will go to the store tomorrow and reburn ubuntu. But at least we know from 13th it will work (I doubt moto would have removed that considering they just patched froyo's kernel from the looks of it)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pushing this to the backburner for a bit. GSM with our D2G is really frustrating me since most of my MIUI users are over seas and they will need it so I am trying to get that working properly again.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
swirly said:
When is this coming :p ??
Probably next week. I'm giving up on 1%, I got what I could get for the developers who know more and the disassemblers. The rest is out of my league lol.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is as a loopback device, I havent had too much time to put into this. especially with my computer down for a bit and now developing on a turd of a computer

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I will have to look at that, this has been dead for awhile and if anyone wants to take over they can... I've been too busy with Life,MIUI and that MS2 rom (which is being a major pita)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts