Android OS Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Android Aficionado
412 Posts
Is there anything different I'd need to do in order to get this working via Mac OS?

·
Android Aficionado
412 Posts
"lilstevie said:
No, there is no nvflash for mac os x which is a shame, I use a mac myself
Thanks. Guess I'm installing another VM then, :p

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
lilstevie is working on a new kernel that has WiFi working and some graphics acceleration, I know he was having some problems getting it to boot properly with a u-boot port also , not sure if that is an option at this point...I also believe some have gotten the touch-pad working but cannot confirm that myself. lilstevie is a student and right in the middle of university studies and also working on a few side projects for the transformer.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Anything I can do to help? If i could get this working on my transformer I could vm a small windows machine and use a tool i use alot.
RIght now I have to lug this and a netbook around all for one windows tool.

I'll do anything I can to help. I also am needing this for aircrack, i do pen testing alot.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
I'm having no luck at all with the wifi.

Ran the injector, no problem. running an ifconfig wlan0 shows the interface.

Using the wpa_supp trick isn't working at all for me. connecting to WPA or completely open networks, it just sits there and timesout. my access point shows no activity that anything has even tried.

*EDIT* got it to work, still can't get it to work using wpa, but it does work on open networks now.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
AHHH, I'm such an idiot, I finally got everything working the way I wanted. My goal was to use WINE and emulate a simple windows program so that i can quit lugging my netbook around as well.

Anyway i'm learning that with ubuntu ARM there isn't much you can install, no wine, no virtualbox. Sigh....

*EDIT*

So there is still hope, someone on XDA is doing wine through QEMU.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
I'm really sorry I'm flooding this thread.

My newest hump to overcome is the fact that I'm trying to get a usb to NIC adapter to work.

It's being detected, but i'm sure it just needs a module. It uses module rtl8150.

I've had no luck finding a module for this either.

Any advice there?

I"m wondering if anything from here will help me.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1274656

81 - 92 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.