Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Macbook Pro 8,2 and from what I understand Ubuntu doesn't support wifi for this computer. Anyone have a working driver or hack? I got one from the Ubuntu forums but it locked my keyboard and mouse.

·
Developer
194 Posts
Can you get a Windows driver for your laptop by chance?

If so, you can use Ndiswrapper (Windows Wireless Drives in Control Center) to try and install that and see if you can get it to function.

·
Mason Kernel Guy
215 Posts
Before activating a closed source module, one should disable the built in open module. Assuming it's built as a module, which in any self respecting desktop distro it should be, you should blacklist the open ones for the, I assume closed source ones, being a mac likely broadcom chipset of some kind. The procedure is a bit unclear to me for ubuntu users, but there should be a blacklist hiding somewhere in your /etc dir.

Ndiswrapper is a way to go, though it seems a little too hackish for me. These days you can get linux native drivers for all but the most esoteric of wireless chipsets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.