Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Android Beginner
56 Posts
I need some help if anyone can. I have this ROM running on my Xoom. Everything has been great with it until yesterday. I took a Micro SD card out of my camera and put it into the Xoom to get some pictures off of it. Everything was fine. I then put my normal Micro SD card back in the Xoom and all of a sudden it started smoking out of the card slot. I was able to eject the card but it ruined the card. I have no idea what caused this but I am still under warranty. The issue I think I may have is sending the Xoom to Motorola with this ROM on it. Is there anyway to revert back to stock without having the SD card slot working?

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I need some help if anyone can. I have this ROM running on my Xoom. Everything has been great with it until yesterday. I took a Micro SD card out of my camera and put it into the Xoom to get some pictures off of it. Everything was fine. I then put my normal Micro SD card back in the Xoom and all of a sudden it started smoking out of the card slot. I was able to eject the card but it ruined the card. I have no idea what caused this but I am still under warranty. The issue I think I may have is sending the Xoom to Motorola with this ROM on it. Is there anyway to revert back to stock without having the SD card slot working?
You will just need to fastboot the stock img's, no sdcard needed.

·
Android Apprentice
60 Posts
Installed the latest nightly and now I am experiencing reboots every 5 to 10 minutes. Getting annoying really but this thing flies!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Im also on the latest build with no issues at all. You might have had a bad dl. Might want to try again and reflash.

Tapped on my Bionic running KIN3TX.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Im having a strange issue where my xoom connects to my pc just fine in mtp mode, and all my files on internal storage and sd are visible. But they show as empty. None of them have contents. But of course they are not, and the Xoom can access them all just fine.

I did remove the sd and attached it to the computer via adapter, but the pc didn't see it at all.

Even if something was up with the sd, it doesn't explain the internal storage. It must be the pc, but I just took files off my bionic and x earlier the same day.

Tapped on my Bionic running KIN3TX.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any word on a 4.0.4-based release for Xoom/wingray? Steady's Twitter said one was ready for Wingray, but I haven't heard anything here or at XDA, and I can't wait for some 4.0.4 goodness, if nothing else, to make the OTA notification go away :)

·
Android Beginner
64 Posts
Any reason why when I have Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep set to Never that it never turns the wi-fi off when it is sleeping?

·
Average Android
716 Posts
havent tried this since one of the initial releases, will try later to see how far this has come!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I seem to be getting a sleep of death after the update. Use it at night, then come home from work the next day and have to restart it with the power key and volume up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using RootzWiki

41 - 60 of 65 Posts