Android OS Forum banner

[UNOFFICIAL] Team Win Recovery Project for Thunderbolt (10/9 1.1.1-rbox.1)

87K views 468 replies 119 participants last post by  tmurj33 
"brizey said:
Yep, just had the same issue. I like the menus and all, but I never had any errors at all with CWM in dozens of backups.

EDIT:

OK, so I was dumb and saved the recovery and restored it the first few times. To get the apps back, I did not restore recovery, and I did not restore the "mystery" slot that has no label, and everything seems fine.

Question: what they hell is does the recovery partition store, and under what circumstances is backing it up useful?
I'm assuming it's for devices that have the recovery stored within the rom, my father had a xperia that had a custom recovery stored in the rom, very weird compared to htc phones

"YankInDaSouth said:
I remember there being issues with this recovery and that rom, just not sure if they were worked out.
The "issue" is switching between sense 3.0 and sense 2.1 via hotswapping, its done through recovery and since there is no way to run a script to flash a mod and reboot without user interaction with this recovery, you would lose that feature of the rom. That's the only loss

I say the best thing to do is keep a copy of your roms of choice on your SD card and only backup data and android secure :p the backup process is shorter.
Saves space if your like me and keep the rom zips just incase something gets funky

No problem :) there is only one flaw
If your a self themer or you have themes flashed to your rom then you also need those themes as well. Probably would end up being a pain in the butt :p

"jawonder said:
I didn't ask you to answer my Question so why are you taking it up and behaving so strick like a school principal. I been on many sites for years and i've never answer or talk to anyone in a nasty way. This kinda attitude is distroying the XDA and you seem to be taking it here. I normally read the entire OP but because i'm at work i went too fast.
Chill dude, don't make this place like xda

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.