Android OS Forum banner
461 - 469 of 469 Posts

· Developer
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #461 ·
Well it seems they refuse to release everything necessary for anyone to make any useful builds of TWRP2. So much for releasing the source... Looks like I won't be releasing anything more for TWRP.

· Android Pimp
265 Posts
I just got a reply also on the Capacitive Keys not lighting up. They are not going to fix them. They are going to use soft keys because of the GNex. So that sucks for now until we get the soft keys. Sucks to hear they wont release everything for you rbox.

· Android Aficionado
409 Posts
I was a big fan of TWRP precisely because it was open-source. As much as I like the idea of TWRP 2.0, I'm not so sure now.

· Average Android
286 Posts
Well it seems they refuse to release everything necessary for anyone to make any useful builds of TWRP2. So much for releasing the source... Looks like I won't be releasing anything more for TWRP.
Destroy said they were going to release source if I recall correctly. Maybe it just hasn't been released

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk

· Android Aficionado
409 Posts
Destroy said they were going to release source if I recall correctly. Maybe it just hasn't been released

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk
I hope that's true. Love me some TWRP. Now if they'd just port it to the Galaxy Nexus...

· Developer
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #467 ·
They have released some of the source, but as my original statement said, they haven't released everything needed. There is the source to the main twrp backup/restore "engine" if you will, and then there is the graphical engine. They stated they would not be released the source to that. Now while I may disagree with that, that is their prerogative. However, they could (but won't) release a precompiled version of that code. Now seeing as I have no clue how much that code actually does, it could be that there's not much that can be done to TWRP without the source to it. Could the capacitive buttons be lit up? Definitely. Other than that, I do not know.

461 - 469 of 469 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.