Android OS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though it's only been a couple days since the Droid 3 has been rooted, is there any way to un-root it now? I have to send my phone back because one of the capacitive touch button lights went out, so I was curious if anyone knew what the steps would be needed to un-root it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
982 Posts
lol what system u on? Something to look into... Also factory reset, if you haven't deleted any system apps, if you have, u'd have a brick (i mean you couldn't activate, it'd say touch android but you won't be able to touch the android) after the reset... But they wouldn't detect su, i recommend before the reset, takeeverything off of ur internal memory

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have deleted all of the bloatware I can, and I'm trying to get ADB working to load some of it back on because I deleted blur_yahoo so my contact storage is broken now ( :[ ), would they check if the phone has been rooted this close to the device actually achieving root?

·
Registered
982 Posts
RhinoShock said:
I have deleted all of the bloatware I can, and I'm trying to get ADB working to load some of it back on because I deleted blur_yahoo so my contact storage is broken now ( :[ ), would they check if the phone has been rooted this close to the device actually achieving root?
i mean i sent verzion back a phone that was bricked and had root apps on its internal memory and Bootstrap on it, they didnt' say anything

·
Android Beginner
51 Posts
So what are the actual steps to unroot? Like remove SU, superuser.apk, busybox, symlinks...what are the commands that are needed once you defrost and whatnot?

·
Registered
982 Posts
RhinoShock said:
I dont know if I really wanna risk paying the full price for an unlocked phone though.
I get it, i do. But you only have two options which i gave you, unless you wanna pester p3 for an sbf :/

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I loaded all of the system apps back onto the phone and did a factory reset, would it still brick it?

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
New android user here. Just wanted to say this forum is great and I plan to spend a lot of time here :smile3: I LOVE my new droid 3. I've decided that I'm going to root mine because of all of the advantages, and I was wondering the same thing. If anything were to happen and I need to return it for any reason is there any way I can restore it without verizon knowing that I rooted in the first place? Or is this not possible because of the lack of recovery boot? Thank you to anyone for your input on the topic!

·
Android Lover
313 Posts
psouza4 says he's writing a One Click Unroot. Be patient.

·
Droid Ninja
39 Posts
Could someone post the yahoo app needed for contacts? I deleted it the day the D3 got root and didnt notice the FC issues when you viewed a contact.

EDIT: restored yahoo apk but am still getting fc's. :( not sure what to do now

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yonnor said:
Could someone post the yahoo app needed for contacts? I deleted it the day the D3 got root and didnt notice the FC issues when you viewed a contact.

EDIT: restored yahoo apk but am still getting fc's. :( not sure what to do now
Make sure that you also pushed the blur_yahoo.odex file with ADB and then reboot the phone. Contact storage should be restored after that.

·
Droid Ninja
39 Posts
RhinoShock said:
Make sure that you also pushed the blur_yahoo.odex file with ADB and then reboot the phone. Contact storage should be restored after that.
Ok cool, I'll set up ADB when I get home. Thank you

EDIT: Android SDK is running into issues installing on my laptop. I just used root explorer to replace app and odex file. Will that work? Or do i Need ADB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts