Android OS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Android Lover
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked for a similar thread but couldn't find one.

I'm running the Synergy theme on my CM7DX but I want to untheme Facebook. Is it possible and if so how?
Thanks in advance.

·
Average Android
89 Posts
If I remember correctly this is how I did it before.

Manage Apps > Uninstall Facebook
Root Explorer (or anything with root access) > delete facebook.apk if still present
Download and Install Facebook From Market.

Hope this helps.

·
Android Lover
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D3M0NYK said:
If I remember correctly this is how I did it before.

Manage Apps > Uninstall Facebook
Root Explorer (or anything with root access) > delete facebook.apk if still present
Download and Install Facebook From Market.

Hope this helps.
Just tried this and it didn't seem to work. Thanks though.

·
Average Android
89 Posts
If I get the time tonight and no one else responds, i'll drop cm7 on my phone and see if I can figure it out for ya.

·
Android Lover
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
razorloves said:
did you delete the facebook.apk? if so, what folder did you delete it from?
Couldn't find it but I uninstalled it first from manage apps. So I would assume that would delete it too.

·
Average Android
89 Posts
Ghub1 said:
Couldn't find it but I uninstalled it first from manage apps. So I would assume that would delete it too.
Not always, especially when it is themed. Normally the APK is listed under /system/app.

·
Android Lover
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
D3M0NYK said:
Not always, especially when it is themed. Normally the APK is listed under /system/app.
Interesting. Well I just did it again and checked in /system/app and there was no sign of the facbook.apk I did a search for "facebook" and it found nothing. So what else could I try?

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
could check data/app/ or data/app-private/ but its unlikely usually facebook is always in system/app. i think the theme changer forces the apps to be themed on reboot or on install dont think theres a way around it without modifying the theme or just not using the theme...u could try downloading the synergy theme...and looking thru the .zip and see if u can take the facebook themeing part out

·
Android Lover
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SyNiK4L said:
could check data/app/ or data/app-private/ but its unlikely usually facebook is always in system/app. i think the theme changer forces the apps to be themed on reboot or on install dont think theres a way around it without modifying the theme or just not using the theme...u could try downloading the synergy theme...and looking thru the .zip and see if u can take the facebook themeing part out
Okay so if one wanted to do this and didn't know how to, how would he get the zip from the market. I've always wanted to know how people did that.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
hmm....sorry to took so long to respond didnt realize u had made a response post....but i looked in data/app/ using root explorer...or any other app that allows u to see all the root files. And then ull find one called com.bsthemes.theme.synergy-1.apk. This is after the theme is installed on ur phone...it doesnt have to be active..just installed so that its available in theme chooser...then u would use 7zip or any other zip software to open the apk...now where the image itself is...im not sure ill have to go look..but u may be able to just finish the facebook.apk in it... Or u may have to find the actual images that replace the ones in facebook. Ill check it out here ina bit and see if i can find it for u.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts