just got an update notification to install hp webOS 3.0.2 68 anyone done it yet? curious to know what this does and if hp is taking steps to lock this puppy down so no android :tongue2:
the locking down part was more a joke than actual question, but is anyone else seeing this on there tablet??blank said:Why would they waste time and money locking down a dead OS? As far as I understand, locking it down has never been their modus operandi.
Because if you read between the lines, it becomes pretty clear HP's plans for webOS very likely don't include any of the hardware they've already released.bkosh84 said:Again, it's not a dead os... They are not supporting their HARDWARE but they are still going to support SOFTWARE... Why do people keep getting that mixed up?
So if HP was really smart, they'd ship the Touchpad in the same condition in which it ships.micl9 said:If HP was really smart they would leak (or officially release) a way to completely unlock the devices. Or I guess more to the point indirectly help us succeed at loading Android.
Think about it.
1) We all unlock and it becomes possible to load Android
2) We all load Android (of course)
3) We have now all voided our warranties
4) HP is free and clear (well 99% of us will load Android) of any future headaches (SW or Hardware) from a device they have killed.
5) HP comes out with less cost and, if they officially release a way to unlock, looking like a great consumer oriented company at the same time.