Android OS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Average Android
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i done goofed.

and to help me out in the future when i dont have a pc around me (like when im in traffic switching roms) is there an update.zip floating around that will work in the stock recovery? perferably a froyo one so that i can still easily acquire root.

·
Average Android
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BrutalSauce said:
can you get into clockwork recovery? if you can grab the all in one from p3droid for the cm4dx
no i cannot get back to CWR. i thought i dloaded the 'get back to .596' from TBH but my dload must have failed and didnt realize it because i cannot find it on my sd card. and it was already too late because i formated everything.
SyNiK4L said:
Im pretty sure there is a stock froyo one out there tho...i wanna say i saw it. Ill look around today.
ive google searched it a little bit. i know there is one for gingerbread (although i think it was the first leak) but i was kinda looking for the froyo so its easy to root. if you find anything please come back and let me know =)

·
Average Android
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
in stock recovery, the update.zip HAS to be signed by VZW. As far as I know, this is not something the Community can fake which is the reason we use CWR. From reading about Mader, this uses CWR and is created by not VZW so I doubt it will work in stock recovery.

The problem isn't "oh no - i bricked it and cant figure anything out"

I'm just looking for an update.zip to keep on the root of my SD Card for when im at work or something and mess it up. Government computer doesnt let me go to most websites (ie Megaupload) and can't install things (ie RSDlite) or download things for that matter.

·
Dirtbag and a jerk!
262 Posts
gi812 said:
in stock recovery, the update.zip HAS to be signed by VZW. As far as I know, this is not something the Community can fake which is the reason we use CWR. From reading about Mader, this uses CWR and is created by not VZW so I doubt it will work in stock recovery.

The problem isn't "oh no - i bricked it and cant figure anything out"

I'm just looking for an update.zip to keep on the root of my SD Card for when im at work or something and mess it up. Government computer doesnt let me go to most websites (ie Megaupload) and can't install things (ie RSDlite) or download things for that matter.
unfortantly there isnt anything that would work for that purpose. You would just ahve to wait to get home to sbf.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
well damn i was hopeing there was something like that....i left for the river the other day. and was flashing my phone back to liberty and i knew i was gonna mess it up. and of course i did....but i was already half way there..so i just didnt have a phone for the day.

·
Average Android
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BrutalSauce said:
unfortantly there isnt anything that would work for that purpose. You would just ahve to wait to get home to sbf.
well there is a working update.zip for gingerbread (although i think it was a leak) for stock recovery. don't see why there wouldnt be a froyo one out there

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
gi812 said:
well there is a working update.zip for gingerbread (although i think it was a leak) for stock recovery. don't see why there wouldnt be a froyo one out there
is it a single file?

·
Dirtbag and a jerk!
262 Posts
Thing is if you've corrupted something think a update.zip will do anything, hell maybe it will but i just cant see how that would fix the problems.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
well kinda ya...because the other day....i restored a nandroid....and forgot to reflash liberty over it...and im sure if i just wiped data and installed a fresh froyo or GB. And then wiped data again. All done from stock recovery i would imagine it would save me. But who knows i could be completely wrong iv never tried it.

·
Average Android
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ill look for the gingerbread one later when i get home and will post. but i suppose the vzw update.zip would be an update rather than a system? who knows. i just wanted to find out if there was something.

ive never had to do this, but if you go to vzw with a borked phone, how do they fix it? do they use rsd lite or what?

·
Android Apprentice
33 Posts
I am not sure but I don't think an update zip would work since it is not signed. Also the file would probably look for certain files on your phone the same way the Gingerbread OTA did. If you did not have the correct setup the download would fail.

·
Android Apprentice
33 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts