Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Developer
194 Posts
Now in .deb form! Temporarily only in Script Form!

Changelog:
  • 1.0.5 (11/08/2011) - Fixed the Android SDK search parameters to fit the new naming scheme on http://developer.android.com/sdk
  • 1.0.4 (8/15/2011) - Added more vendor IDs to the installer.
  • 1.0.3 (6/18/2011) - Setup 99-android.rules automatically, created a symlink for ddms so it can be executed from anywhere -- has to be typed twice sometimes the first time it is run for some reason (multiple displays error).
  • 1.0.2 (6/17/2011) - ./android update adb wasn't launching properly. *Should* now. The script should end with Eclipse wanting you to install Android SDK Platform-tools.
  • 1.0.1 (6/15/2011) - ./android update adb added to script. Eclipse interaction minimal.
  • 1.0.0 (6/14/2011) - Android SDK, Android NDK, Eclipse, ia32-libs automatically installed. Eclipse and ADT require prompting.
Link to the script is here or Dropbox . The download link as at the top of the page for GitHub.

Download the 32-bit version here version 1.0.3
Download the 64-bit version here version 1.0.3

Download the 32-bit version here version 1.0.4
Download the 64-bit version here version 1.0.4

Ubuntu 11.04/Linux Mint 11(possibly others too) instructions: Download the appropriate version for your operating system and double click on it. When prompted, accept the licensing agreement.

Uninstall/Upgrade Instructions: To remove the Android SDK/NDK search for the application "andadb" in your software manager.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outdated Method

My script has only been tested to work on Ubuntu 11.04's Natty Narwhal and Linux Mint 11's Katya, but it is possible that it may work on other Debian based distributions that use the Apt installer. I'll possibly expand it in the future to work with Fedora since the base code is down and it shouldn't be too hard to get it working with YUM.

Requirements:
  • git-core git-doc git-gui (from apt-get install)
When you have Git installed, open up terminal and type the following commands to download and install and run my code ($ denotes a new line):

Code:
$ git clone [URL=git://gist.github.com/1026610.git]git://gist.github.com/1026610.git[/URL] gist-1026610<br />
$ cd gist-1026610<br />
$ chmod +x installer.sh<br />
$ sudo ./installer.sh<br />
<br />
[COLOR="red"]Go AFK for a really long time[/COLOR]<br />
$ Install "Android SDK Platform-tools" and any other API that you want at this time<br />
and accept the licensing agreement.  Close this window and the xwindow pop-up that<br />
reminds you to accept.<br />
$ Type bash to restart terminal (or close/reopen terminal)
Test the Android Debug Bridge and Dalvik Debug Monitor now by typing "adb" and "ddms" from anywhere. The very first time you type "ddms" it's going to give you an error about multiple monitors (most likely), so you have to type it twice for it to start. Done!

What's Been Done to my System?
  • 64-Bit operating systems have had ia32-libs installed on their system for compatibility.
  • Eclipse is now installed and most likely going to be found in Applications -> Programming.
  • Android SDK is installed in /usr/local/android-sdk
  • Android NDK is installed in/usr/local/android-ndk
  • Symlink created for Dalvik Debug Monitor, accessible with "ddms" from anywhere (still has to be run twice).
  • Environment set for /usr/local/android-sdk/platform-tools to allow Android Debug Bridge's "adb" and anything else in that directory to be accessible from anywhere.
  • 99-android.rules created automatically and placed into /etc/udev/rules.d/
Version 1.0.4 udev rules:
Code:
#Acer<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0502, MODE=0666<br />
#ASUS<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0b05, MODE=0666<br />
#Dell<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==413c, MODE=0666<br />
#Foxconn<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0489, MODE=0666<br />
#Garmin-Asus<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==091E, MODE=0666<br />
#Google<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==18d1, MODE=0666<br />
#HTC<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0bb4, MODE=0666<br />
#Huawei<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==12d1, MODE=0666<br />
#K-Touch<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==24e3, MODE=0666<br />
#KT Tech<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==2116, MODE=0666<br />
#Kyocera<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0482, MODE=0666<br />
#Lenevo<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==17EF, MODE=0666<br />
#LG<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==1004, MODE=0666<br />
#Motorola<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==22b8, MODE=0666<br />
#NEC<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0409, MODE=0666<br />
#Nook<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==2080, MODE=0666<br />
#Nvidia<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0955, MODE=0666<br />
#OTGV<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==2257, MODE=0666<br />
#Pantech<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==10A9, MODE=0666<br />
#Philips<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0471, MODE=0666<br />
#PMC-Sierra<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==04da, MODE=0666<br />
#Qualcomm<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==05c6, MODE=0666<br />
#SK Telesys<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==1f53, MODE=0666<br />
#Samsung<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==04e8, MODE=0666<br />
#Sharp<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==04dd, MODE=0666<br />
#Sony Ericsson<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0fce, MODE=0666<br />
#Toshiba<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0930, MODE=0666<br />
#ZTE<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==19D2, MODE=0666<br />
#Acer<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0502, MODE=0666<br />
#ASUS<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0b05, MODE=0666<br />
#Dell<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==413c, MODE=0666<br />
#Foxconn<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0489, MODE=0666<br />
#Garmin-Asus<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==091E, MODE=0666<br />
#Google<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==18d1, MODE=0666<br />
#HTC<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0bb4, MODE=0666<br />
#Huawei<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==12d1, MODE=0666<br />
#K-Touch<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==24e3, MODE=0666<br />
#KT Tech<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==2116, MODE=0666<br />
#Kyocera<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0482, MODE=0666<br />
#Lenevo<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==17EF, MODE=0666<br />
#LG<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==1004, MODE=0666<br />
#Motorola<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==22b8, MODE=0666<br />
#NEC<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0409, MODE=0666<br />
#Nook<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==2080, MODE=0666<br />
#Nvidia<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0955, MODE=0666<br />
#OTGV<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==2257, MODE=0666<br />
#Pantech<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==10A9, MODE=0666<br />
#Philips<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0471, MODE=0666<br />
#PMC-Sierra<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==04da, MODE=0666<br />
#Qualcomm<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==05c6, MODE=0666<br />
#SK Telesys<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==1f53, MODE=0666<br />
#Samsung<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==04e8, MODE=0666<br />
#Sharp<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==04dd, MODE=0666<br />
#Sony Ericsson<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0fce, MODE=0666<br />
#Toshiba<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==0930, MODE=0666<br />
#ZTE<br />
SUBSYSTEM==usb, SYSFS{idVendor}==19D2, MODE=0666

·
News Team
208 Posts
I really think it would be sweet if we could get this on the main page, because I know there's been an ongoing blog tutorial about installing all this, and it would make it SO much easier on everyone.

I swear installing this damn thing was the hardest damn part about Android development :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
29 Posts
Giving your installer a shot on my minty fresh ubuntu 10.04.3 install. I'll edit with results when it's complete.

ETA: Worked perfectly as far as I can tell. ADB devices show my tbolt so that's really all that I care about right this second.

·
Developer
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Treken said:
superman! More like super genius! Thanks for this awesome tool making my life way less complicated. I implemented it in my custom linux distro here: http://greenromproject.com/showthread.php?188-GreenRom-Dev-Kit-is-here!!-64bit(updated-7-23-11)
I'm glad my script made things easier for you! I'm planning on installing your distro in either a virtual box / spare hard drive / my laptop to play around with it some and see if I can come up with some ideas for my second ADB installer script. I'm wanting to make a version of it that works for people that are already using a Linux distro so that they don't have to format their systems. It was actually my first adventure in bash script writing and a little side project away from my blog and then I kinda stopped doing both for a bit.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
this was really awesome man thanks. i've had to do this a few times now and your packages are by far the easiest way.

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
This is absolutely awesome. I had symlinks and aliases and bash scripts in /usr/bin but this makes everything much much easier. Still had to set up apktool and a signer, but this took care of everything else. Thanks!

·
Developer
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
blind said:
This is absolutely awesome. I had symlinks and aliases and bash scripts in /usr/bin but this makes everything much much easier. Still had to set up apktool and a signer, but this took care of everything else. Thanks!
I'm always glad to hear some positive feedback from people that found it useful. I'm working on a new version (slowly, since college has started back up and things are a bit chaotic) of the script that will include more features an installation options for the user. I'm still compiling a list of programs that people use here and here.

It's not going to be a one-click installation, but close. This version will still be available but I'm going to make the new one just a script that you can execute and go through various menus to install whatever features you want or use. Here are some screenshots from my script so far:
When you start up the script you'll come across all the options that would normally be installed during andadb version 1.0. An upgrade to this is the ability to update the 99-android.rules file from a static link whenever I update it as opposed to generating the same file from the .deb file that I had before.
View attachment 1357

All of the addons that I plan to make installable will be under the "Extras" menu. My goal is to eventually include as many of these as possible and have both the option of installing them or running them directly from my script.
View attachment 1358

Attachments

·
Developer
194 Posts

·
Developer
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The script version *should* work if you first do a:

$ Yum install apt
$ sudo apt-get update

The only problem is that I don't know how to set up your repositories for the /etc/apt/sources.list file. It may get setup automatically from Yum or it may not. Otherwise you'll need to somehow copy your yum sources into the that file. I'm unsure of where Yum stores them at the moment though or how to properly integrate them for Fedora without doing more research. Though I might be able to have some luck converting my script to Fedora in the near future when I have some downtime in school.

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
Tahl said:
The script version *should* work if you first do a:

$ Yum install apt
$ sudo apt-get update

The only problem is that I don't know how to set up your repositories for the /etc/apt/sources.list file. It may get setup automatically from Yum or it may not. Otherwise you'll need to somehow copy your yum sources into the that file. I'm unsure of where Yum stores them at the moment though or how to properly integrate them for Fedora without doing more research. Though I might be able to have some luck converting my script to Fedora in the near future when I have some downtime in school.
awesome, thanks, I'll give it a go just to test it out, broke my fedora, so reinstalled it as well as a ubuntu box too, so I gots both, i'll play around with it some.

thanks!

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
You are a lifesaver, I just reinstalled fedora 15 and wasn't looking forward to setting this up tonight. Thanks man.

·
Developer
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh good, so it does work on Fedora 15? That's some promising news. I haven't had a break from school yet to install Fedora and change and permanently fix that part of the script yet.

·
Android Master Jedi
377 Posts
Worked flawlessly! This IS a time saver! I really appreciate it! It didn't work with the system default installer (Ubuntu Software Center) but worked flawlessly with gdebi...i'm sure that's just a bug with the beta software center though. I'd rather use gdebi though anyway for the terminal view.

Thanks again bro!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts