Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start I got a flyer from VZW for an early upgrade with 2yr renewal on a shared plan that I use with my Fiancee. Got the GNex its awesome. I was signing for everything and when the sales guy said to sign here for the contract renewal. I asked, "This is for the 4GB of data at the 2GB price?" To which he replied, "No, you already had unlimited data so you get to keep unlimited data." I was coming from a Droid2 so the GNex is my first 4G phone I was completely unaware that you got to keep unlimited when changing data types.

My Fiancee had just upgraded to the Rezound via VZW website due to the phone being slightly less expensive there. The system made her change to a tiered data plan. So, when my Fiancee heard the sales guy state that I got to keep my unlimited data plan she was a bit upset; I would have been too. The sales guy said not to worry and called VZW support number and said they can switch it back because you were on unlimited data. She told the sales guy that customer support was saying that it was impossible to do because the plan does not exist anymore. To which he replied "That's not true I just put it through." I assume that she was talking to the first tier of customer support.

So now for my question: Does anyone know the best department to ask for to get this situation remedied?

Thanks to any one who helps out in advance!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I am usually not nit-picky about grammar & such, but I noticed you like to capitalize "Fiancee", which is not a proper noun. But it suggests who already wears the pants in your relationship

Just kidding.

If you have a grandfathered unlimited data plan, then you keep the unlimited plan when upgrading phones. If the store rep wants to put you on a tiered data plan, don't let them. Ask to speak with the store manager and don't leave the store without being certain that your data plan is unchanged. Get it in writing, if necessary.

However, your fiancee used a web page to upgrade phones, which offers no option to make sure her data package is unchanged. That is precisely why I never, ever use an online service to upgrade devices or make any other changes to my service. She may or may not be able to get unlimited data back. at&t had a loophole that allowed you to get unlimited data back, but I have no idea if verizon's system permits that. She needs to go to a real verizon store (not a reseller) and explain the situation to the manager. They can check her account and verify her previous data plan, but don't be surprised if they can't/won't offer unlimited data again.

As your fiancee discovered, you may save a few dollars by going online, but it may cost a lot more in the end. A good practice is to visit the same store rep for all device/plan changes. I visit my neighborhood verizon store about once a month just to take care of that contact.

·
300 Posts
when i went to go upgrade from my DX to my GNex, it said i had to change the plan. i went to look at the available ones just for sh*ts and my grandfathered unlimited was still there. so i clicked that one and all is well

·
Registered
6 Posts
As an indirect agent, you most certainly can keep your unlimited data going from 3g to 4g. The only way to lose it is to have a nonsmart phone on that line for more than 30 days. Verizon has the ability to put it back on, period.

Sent from my ADR6400L using RootzWiki

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey everybody thanks for the replies. Thought I would give you a quick update. I called back instead of my fiancee, lowercase "f" just for you sublimaze, and got her unlimited data back. The rep that I got on the phone knew what was up and got it put back on her line in about 10 seconds.

SUCKONNAILS the person that helped me in the VZW store said that the reps on the phone could put it back on without a problem and that we were being lied to.

I will remember to remind others I know on VZW to go to the store when upgrading from their current smartphone with unlimited to a new one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Glad you got it worked out buddy. Unfortunately, not everyone at big red is a rocket scientist.

Sent from my ADR6400L using RootzWiki

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.