Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
OP updated with v2.1.2 - fixed a bug with old framework files not being deleted when changing apktool versions, and includes 2 new versions of apktool.

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
OP updated with version 2.2, mostly quality of life improvements and bugfixes, see the included CHANGELOG.txt until I can update the changelog post in this thread later tonight.

Cheers everyone :)

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
OP updated with v2.2.3.

Basically I'm retarded and somehow failed to include a 'zipalign' binary in every release (oh the joy of testing on a machine that has the SDK installed.) Oh, and fixed a couple bugs.

·
Android Beginner
131 Posts
I had no idea this even existed.

I'll give it a try tonight.
I would love it if I could use this to decompile/edit/compile framework ressources for my mods.
...as it is, I'm RDP'ing to a windows 2003 server with Apk Multi Tools installed

Great effort ;-)

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Just a note, I've pushed a few small fixes to github over the weekend, and added the 'develop' branch for anyone that wants to test it. You might need to 'force' an update check to make the new branch show up. I'm working an a fix for that in the future, so that new branches will always show up automatically.

There's nothing really 'new' in the develop branch at the moment, except that some of my internal debugging code that's broken on master is now functional.

Like always, thanks in advance to anyone that tests this.

Cheers :)

·
Android Beginner
131 Posts
I have a dumb question that stems from the fact that I'm more of a designer than a coder

I've tried 3.0 beta via the git script route, and as I execute APKManager.app for the first time, one of the screens tells me

WARNING: ANDROID_SDK_ROOT is not set. This
"might" cause problems for APK Manager.
If you have the Android SDK installed, please
add the following to your .bashrc/.zshrc/etc.

export "ANDROID_SDK_ROOT=/path/to/sdk/root"

The highlighted part might as well be written in Greek (in the sense that I don't understand Greek)

I do have the Android SDK installed (and updated) at /Users/soho/+android/sdk/r11

Would you mind terribly explaining what to do with this information?
Thank you for a great tool set.

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I have a dumb question that stems from the fact that I'm more of a designer than a coder

I've tried 3.0 beta via the git script route, and as I execute APKManager.app for the first time, one of the screens tells me

WARNING: ANDROID_SDK_ROOT is not set. This
"might" cause problems for APK Manager.
If you have the Android SDK installed, please
add the following to your .bashrc/.zshrc/etc.

export "ANDROID_SDK_ROOT=/path/to/sdk/root"

The highlighted part might as well be written in Greek (in the sense that I don't understand Greek)

I do have the Android SDK installed (and updated) at /Users/soho/+android/sdk/r11

Would you mind terribly explaining what to do with this information?
Thank you for a great tool set.
Hi,

Sorry for the confusion on that.

Anyway, in your user/home directory, you should have a hidden, ".bash_profile" or ".bashrc" (you might have both, that's ok too.) Open either file with a text editor, and add the line to the botton of the file:
Code:
<br />
export "ANDROID_SDK_ROOT=/Users/soho/+android/sdk/r11"<br />
then just save the file, quit APKManager (and terminal.app if its open) and try again.

Honestly, I'll probably change that to only display the error on first run (or maybe not display at all) since I'm not sure I'm going to actually add any new functionality that would explicitly require ANDROID_SDK_ROOT var is set, especially since I've worked without it for ~8 months already.

·
Android Beginner
131 Posts
Hi Jocelyn,
Thank you for your reply! I figured out that my issue was that I didn't have that particular file!
I resolved it before then, though, by doing a clean install via Github *after* having added the android sdk path to $PATH and ironing out most of my Homebrew issues.

As for not displaying the error, maybe. My immediate response to seing an error is trying to fix it :)

Once again, thanks for doing this - it's a really great tool set!

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Pushed a handful of small fixes/changes to github. First, APKManager should only alert you if ANDROID_SDK_ROOT is unset once, and never again (unless you trash your preferences file) and second, APKManager should now work even if the path to its folder has spaces in it (I hope it does at least, its hard to test all possible scenarios of this.)

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Pushed some new fixes to github to patch dex2jar when installing for the 'spaces in path' problems. If you've already downloaded and installed dex2jar from inside apkmanager, please delete the apkmanager/other/dex2jar folder, and install it again.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.