Android OS Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Android-Aholic
1,247 Posts
any way to reset the directory it looks for the main.sh file? i picked the wrong the place and i dont wanna have to dump the contents of the apkmanager into my documents folder lol

EDIT: I guess i should mention im using v3, or at least trying to use it lol. thanks for your time :)

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
any way to reset the directory it looks for the main.sh file? i picked the wrong the place and i dont wanna have to dump the contents of the apkmanager into my documents folder lol

EDIT: I guess i should mention im using v3, or at least trying to use it lol. thanks for your time :)
Hi,

I'm so sorry I missed this post, I'm not really familiar with rootzwiki notification options, but it never seems to notify me of new posts in this thread.

Uhm, the easiest thing to do is just delete the com.girlintroverted.apkmanager.plist file located in you HOME/Libary/Preferences folder

a second option, from a terminal window execute the following:

Code:
<br />
defaults delete com.girlintroverted.apkmanager maindir<br />
Hope this helps, cheers :)

·
Android-Aholic
1,247 Posts
Hi,

I'm so sorry I missed this post, I'm not really familiar with rootzwiki notification options, but it never seems to notify me of new posts in this thread.

Uhm, the easiest thing to do is just delete the com.girlintroverted.apkmanager.plist file located in you HOME/Libary/Preferences folder

a second option, from a terminal window execute the following:

Code:
<br />
defaults delete com.girlintroverted.apkmanager maindir<br />
Hope this helps, cheers :)
I got it fixed but I am just completely confused on how to use this lol. Any guides to give just a basic run through on how things work? Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I got it fixed but I am just completely confused on how to use this lol. Any guides to give just a basic run through on how things work? Thanks

Hey again,

The best I can suggest really is to just play with apkmanager and see what you like. I don't know of any real 'guide' even for the old windows version that this was meant to be a port of. Maybe some users can chime in with tips and tricks and I'll post them in the second post?

·
Android-Aholic
1,247 Posts
Hey again,

The best I can suggest really is to just play with apkmanager and see what you like. I don't know of any real 'guide' even for the old windows version that this was meant to be a port of. Maybe some users can chime in with tips and tricks and I'll post them in the second post?
OK thanks I'll give it shot. Any help is greatly appreciated. Mainly what I'm trying to do is recover an apk I was working on. My computer crashed and I list the source files for it and the app on my phone is an older version but at least I wouldn't have to start from scratch.

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
OK thanks I'll give it shot. Any help is greatly appreciated. Mainly what I'm trying to do is recover an apk I was working on. My computer crashed and I list the source files for it and the app on my phone is an older version but at least I wouldn't have to start from scratch.

Hey again,

If you didn't run proguard when you were working on your apk, you can use dex2jar to decompile the app on your phone back to the java source files, then copy/paste all the class files into a new eclipse project would be my best guess.

So within apk manager, you'd adb pull the apk, then select it from the projects menu, then use the 'view java source' option.

Cheers :)

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Fantastic, working on a ROM for my SGS3 just now and everything is going great. If I encounter anything I'll keep you updated. It's nice to have a 'all in one' solution on OS X. Thanks again! Brilliant work!! :)
Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad APK Manager is working for you.

I'm kind of at a loss when it comes to anything new to add really. So for anyone that uses this, please let me know if you run into any bugs or have any ideas for features to add.

Cheers everyone :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad APK Manager is working for you.

I'm kind of at a loss when it comes to anything new to add really. So for anyone that uses this, please let me know if you run into any bugs or have any ideas for features to add.

Just a few words, you should include the latest version of apktool here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1755243

Otherwise you can't decompile ICS apk's due to 'bad magic values'.

Another thing I noticed, left the apk optimisation feature running overnight to test it and it managed to go through around 15 apks. Windows manages to do it in a few hours? Problem possibly?

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Just a few words, you should include the latest version of apktool here:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1755243

Otherwise you can't decompile ICS apk's due to 'bad magic values'.

Another thing I noticed, left the apk optimisation feature running overnight to test it and it managed to go through around 15 apks. Windows manages to do it in a few hours? Problem possibly?
Hi,

thanks for the link to the new apktool version, I honestly don't do anything with android anymore, so I don't follow new releases like that. I'll include that and push it to github today though.

The optimization, uhm, no idea why the difference to be honest. I can tell you that the windows version and my version are like 99.9% different code, and 100% different binaries though. Also, I'm pretty sure I run a larger range of png optimization options than the windows version does, but its been so long since I've looked at any part of the apkmanager script for windows, that I'm not 100% sure of that anymore.

·
Wh0z dA bAap BabY bAbY&#33;
27 Posts
were you able to push the new ics apktool 1.4.7 to git ?? i am still getting 1.4.3. and if i try to replace it manually, getting same errors as with 1.4.3

ps. i am on jellybean (galaxy nexus GSM)

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
were you able to push the new ics apktool 1.4.7 to git ?? i am still getting 1.4.3. and if i try to replace it manually, getting same errors as with 1.4.3

ps. i am on jellybean (galaxy nexus GSM)
Hi again,

Sorry, I just flat out forgot to do that, done now, be sure to update APKManager from github to pull in the new version.

Sorry again for the delay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys, I am facing a strange issue when compiling:

Code:
<br />
compile (main) function<br />
compile_apk, (compile with apktool) function<br />
comp_apkt, actually compiling now<br />
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.directory.PathNotExist: apktool.yml<br />
at brut.androlib.Androlib.readMetaFile(Androlib.java:142)<br />
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:159)<br />
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)<br />
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:182)<br />
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:67)<br />
Caused by: brut.directory.PathNotExist: apktool.yml<br />
at brut.directory.AbstractDirectory.getFileInput(AbstractDirectory.java:103)<br />
at brut.androlib.Androlib.readMetaFile(Androlib.java:138)<br />
... 4 more<br />
any tips? running v3 beta on OS X Lion

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hi guys, I am facing a strange issue when compiling:

Code:
<br />
compile (main) function<br />
compile_apk, (compile with apktool) function<br />
comp_apkt, actually compiling now<br />
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.directory.PathNotExist: apktool.yml<br />
at brut.androlib.Androlib.readMetaFile(Androlib.java:142)<br />
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:159)<br />
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)<br />
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:182)<br />
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:67)<br />
Caused by: brut.directory.PathNotExist: apktool.yml<br />
at brut.directory.AbstractDirectory.getFileInput(AbstractDirectory.java:103)<br />
at brut.androlib.Androlib.readMetaFile(Androlib.java:138)<br />
... 4 more<br />
any tips? running v3 beta on OS X Lion
Hi,

Were you trying to compile an AOKP/CM theme-chooser theme?

I've only seen that error reported before when trying to compile a theme, and it's because it requires a special version of aapt to compile. You can try downloading this aapt binary here:

Code:
<br />
[URL=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9401664/APK%20Manager/aapt_cm9_osx_x86_64]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9401664/APK%20Manager/aapt_cm9_osx_x86_64[/URL].zip<br />
And simply place it in the ./other/bin directory, and APK Manager will use it instead of any other version of aapt on your system. You might need to set the permissions on it to be executable:

Open a terminal/shell in the ./other/bin directory after you download it, and type the following into terminal:

Code:
<br />
chmod ug+x aapt<br />
Let me know if that works for you, if it does, then I'll add an option to auto-download this version of aapt to APK Manager itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for your reply! I was trying to decompile an AKOP mod yes...still get an error after trying that:

Code:
<br />
I: Decoding file-resources...<br />
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=prvandroid, name=snapMargin, value=0x7f0b0023<br />
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=prvandroid, name=feedbackCount, value=0x00000000<br />
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=prvandroid, name=alwaysTrackFinger, value=0xffffffff<br />
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x010805f8<br />
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x010805f7<br />
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=prvandroid, name=snapMargin, value=0x7f0b0023<br />
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=prvandroid, name=feedbackCount, value=0x00000000<br />
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=prvandroid, name=alwaysTrackFinger, value=0xffffffff<br />
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x010805f7<br />
I: Decoding values*/* XMLs...<br />
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.UndefinedResObject: resource spec: 0x010404cc<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResPackage.getResSpec(ResPackage.java:61)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTable.java:55)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTable.java:51)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.getReferent(ResReferenceValue.java:59)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.encodeAsResXml(ResReferenceValue.java:46)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encodeAsResXmlValue(ResScalarValue.java:54)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encodeAsResXmlItemValue(ResScalarValue.java:47)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResArrayValue.serializeToResValuesXml(ResArrayValue.java:55)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.generateValuesFile(AndrolibResources.java:264)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.decode(AndrolibResources.java:137)<br />
at brut.androlib.Androlib.decodeResourcesFull(Androlib.java:93)<br />
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:98)<br />
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:128)<br />
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:65)<br />

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Thanks for your reply! I was trying to decompile an AKOP mod yes...still get an error after trying that:

Code:
<br />
I: Decoding file-resources...<br />
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=drawable, value=0x010805f8<br />
I: Decoding values*/* XMLs...<br />
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.UndefinedResObject: resource spec: 0x010404cc<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResPackage.getResSpec(ResPackage.java:61)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTable.java:55)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTable.java:51)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.getReferent(ResReferenceValue.java:59)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.encodeAsResXml(ResReferenceValue.java:46)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encodeAsResXmlValue(ResScalarValue.java:54)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encodeAsResXmlItemValue(ResScalarValue.java:47)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResArrayValue.serializeToResValuesXml(ResArrayValue.java:55)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.generateValuesFile(AndrolibResources.java:264)<br />
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.decode(AndrolibResources.java:137)<br />
at brut.androlib.Androlib.decodeResourcesFull(Androlib.java:93)<br />
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:98)<br />
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:128)<br />
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:65)<br />
Hi again,

Well, first off, this is a different error than before, this is now a decompile error and not a compile error, not really sure if we've made any progress with the debugging yet though, lol.

Can you please also check the debug/info screens and see which version of apktool.jar is being used? If its not 1.4.7, make sure to update APK Manager from github.

And lastly, can you upload the exact file you were trying to modify somewhere so I can try it myself?

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Pushed a handful of small updates to github over the last few days.

Of note:
  • fixed a couple bugs that were introduced with some changes to homebrew and pngcrush
  • updated smali.jar and baksmali.jar to version 1.4.0
  • fixed a few various typos
  • updated the built-in pngout downloader to download the newest version (May 30, 2012)
  • changed the "view changelog" option on the debug menu to use "git log" if you used homebrew & git to install
  • added the ability to forcibly reset the "home" directory by holding the command/apple key when launching APKManager.app
  • removed all the little "b/beta" tags I could find since this seems good enough for a "real" 3.0 release finally

41 - 58 of 58 Posts