Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I seem to have problems with every kernel I've tried except Chad's Incredikernels. Specifically the ones I have flashed that I have problems with are:

While on CM7.0.3
Tiamat 4.0.1
Tiamat 4.0.2
Tiamat 4.0.5
jdkernel 2.6.38 v1.3

While on CM7.1
Tiamat 4.0.5

I get random reboots on all of those kernels except for chad's incredikernels. Other than the random reboots, all of those kernels were smooth running. Also, it doesn't matter what governor I use or what I set the clock range at.

Anyone else running into this?

Thanks

·
Android Apprentice
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so here's a step by step of what I did.

- Went from CM7.1 to stock with .28 radio and S-ON
- From Stock I used Unrevoked3 to turn S-OFF
- I then flashed radio 2.15.10.05.06 via HBoot
- I downloaded the latest recovery for clockworkmod 4.0.0.5 posted on Rootzwiki by birdman and flashed it via HBoot
- I downloaded Cyanogenmod 7.1 via Rom Manager Premium
- I wiped data/cache and dalvik and flashed through recovery
- I then flashed Tiamat 4.0.5 SBC in recovery

So far so good. Not a single reboot thusfar. I will update if things go south.

·
Registered
373 Posts
what were you able to overclock to? so far ive been only able to get 1.113 on my og inc.. my inc2 on jcase's kernel is 1.8 but im running it at 1.2... ive been looking everywhere and cant find anything higher... here and xda...

·
appul pls
411 Posts
sixohtew said:
what were you able to overclock to? so far ive been only able to get 1.113 on my og inc.. my inc2 on jcase's kernel is 1.8 but im running it at 1.2... ive been looking everywhere and cant find anything higher... here and xda...
The original INC had a very hard time with any good OC'ing. I was able to be stable at 1.113, the highest I heard of anyone being stable at was 1.19, but battery drain was pretty big. Then again, I haven't had the Incredible for some time, so i'm sure things have changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts