Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Thunderbolt OTA PDF

Looks like we are getting 2.11.605.3 the last leak we got. Looks like I was right when I said it still could be the OTA despite the VM issue and FFC issue some are having. Oh well I guess that means another update won't be far behind. At least stock people get GB finally.

Enhancements:
+ Download Manager App:
New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing,
email attachments and other apps.
+ App and Power Management Details:
Under Manage Applications, a new "Running" tab displays a list of active
applications and the storage and memory being used by each. Power
efficiency mode option has also been added under Settings > Power.
+ New Desktop User Interface:
New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
+ Dock Icons:
Static Phone, App Launcher and Contacts icons are replaced within a
customizable dock. Three swappable icons and the App Launcher icon
are fixed to the Dock at the bottom of all home screen panels for easy
and instant access.

Additional Device Features:
+ Alarm notifications will no longer appear while in Emergency Mode.
+ Improved data connectivity.
+ Improved audio quality while using Bluetooth®.
+ Decreased wait time when saving audio attachments.
+ V CAST Tones now comes preloaded.
+ New Google Books app.
+ Enhanced UI for data roaming.
+ SMS messages send to correct recipient.
+ Reduced Force Close errors while using TuneWiki.
+ Reduced Force Close errors when using the front camera.
+ Audio on BT Car Kit no longer reroutes to phone when receiving a SMS message.

EDIT: The OTA is now live! Go grab it all you stock users!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
+ Dock Icons:
and instant access.

What is this? I don't remember this being in sense 2.1 and it sounds like the double shot rosie to me....

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
icanhazdroid said:
+ Dock Icons:
and instant access.

What is this? I don't remember this being in sense 2.1 and it sounds like the double shot rosie to me....
Yeah I'm curious WTF they are talking about. However the last OTA had notes in the PDF of something that never came as well.

·
Android Addict
575 Posts
"lambda said:
Wow, HTC/VZW are about to have a lot of pissed-off customers. Again.
Can't please everybody. If its not one thing, its another. Besides once they get gb they'll start *****ing for ics. Oh well.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
I wonder if the VM notification not working is going to be addressed by Verizon changing how they push the notification, ie: It's not broken!? Gtalk may be getting updated for compatibility with this build? These answers make more sense than shipping a build not ready for real world.

·
Average Android
313 Posts
icanhazdroid said:
+ Dock Icons:
and instant access.

Mustang302LX said:
Yeah I'm curious WTF they are talking about. However the last OTA had notes in the PDF of something that never came as well.
This is from the Droid X Gingerbread update.

The Droid X Froyo launcher had Phone (left), App Launcher (middle), Contacts (Right). Then when upgraded to Gingerbread changed to "Three swappable icons and the App Launcher"

Looks like Verizon can get their phones straight...lol

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bp328i said:
This is from the Droid X Gingerbread update.

The Droid X Froyo launcher had Phone (left), App Launcher (middle), Contacts (Right). Then when upgraded to Gingerbread changed to "Three swappable icons and the App Launcher"

Looks like Verizon can get their phones straight...lol
Lol that's funny.

Sent from my Thunderbolt running CyanogenMod 7 using the Tapatalk app.

·
Android Pimp
101 Posts
villae81 said:
Can't please everybody. If its not one thing, its another. Besides once they get gb they'll start *****ing for ics. Oh well.
Your right, you can't please everybody. Although most people consider voicemails very important considering many people NEED to have them for their jobs. I know you can always use google voice, but you shouldn't have to use a third party app just to get your voicemails. If they really don't work in thjs update its just another Verizon fail, wouldn't surprise me though.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
I get voicemail notifications without issue. Are you guys that aren't getting the VM notifications using debloats?

Everyone's debloat wacks visual voicemail..... which is actually useful unlike the other crap. I make my own debloat and the VM notifications work fine for me. I get the little icon that looks like a red and white tape icon in the top corner and it's in the notification pull down.

Maybe it's tied to something in that APK weather you use VVM or not.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lharris428 said:
I get voicemail notifications without issue. Are you guys that aren't getting the VM notifications using debloats?

Everyone's debloat wacks visual voicemail..... which is actually useful unlike the other crap. I make my own debloat and the VM notifications work fine for me. I get the little icon that looks like a red and white tape icon in the top corner and it's in the notification pull down.

Maybe it's tied to something in that APK weather you use VVM or not.
I believe they are speaking of regular voicemail notifications for users who don't pay for or use VVM.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Mustang302LX said:
I believe they are speaking of regular voicemail notifications for users who don't pay for or use VVM.
Is there a difference, can you describe a regular voicemail notification? I'm going to flash my own cooked up version of 2.11.605.3 and I'll not setup VVM at first to check this out. I'm just a lurker and I read through here and on android news sites and there are a whole bunch of people upset about this which stinks.

I have a real hard time accepting that VZW would release this rom with such a big usability flaw and that it has this flaw and is being release so late. Then we had the reboot issue... its terrible. Plus, I am tired of paying such a high premium compared to Sprint and this is just marking another notch in the coffin. I try to justify it to my self that I am getting my money's worth because of the ridiculous signal coverage in NY. I used to be a road technician for a computer store and I've regularly made calls in places in rural Greene and Delaware County NY, places that look like they should be in a scene from Deliverence.

I was thinking/making an assumption that perhaps the VVM.apk has code in it to handle voice mail notifications regardless if you use/pay for VVM. I'm curious if anyone who experienced this issue happened to be running an RRU or a rooted and bloated rom.

·
Android Addict
575 Posts
"lharris428 said:
Is there a difference, can you describe a regular voicemail notification? I'm going to flash my own cooked up version of 2.11.605.3 and I'll not setup VVM at first to check this out. I'm just a lurker and I read through here and on android news sites and there are a whole bunch of people upset about this which stinks.

I have a real hard time accepting that VZW would release this rom with such a big usability flaw and that it has this flaw and is being release so late. Then we had the reboot issue... its terrible. Plus, I am tired of paying such a high premium compared to Sprint and this is just marking another notch in the coffin. I try to justify it to my self that I am getting my money's worth because of the ridiculous signal coverage in NY. I used to be a road technician for a computer store and I've regularly made calls in places in rural Greene and Delaware County NY, places that look like they should be in a scene from Deliverence.

I was thinking/making an assumption that perhaps the VVM.apk has code in it to handle voice mail notifications regardless if you use/pay for VVM. I'm curious if anyone who experienced this issue happened to be running an RRU or a rooted and bloated rom.
From my understanding vvm is visual voice mail and vm is just normal voicemail I think

·
Average Android
93 Posts
"Mustang302LX said:
Why what's so good about the kernel? Devs have been using it since the leaks came out.
I may be wrong here, so correct me if I am, but devs have been using the BASE since the leak, whereas the kernel is proprietary to Htc.. So the kernels we have now are all custom linux based ones that individuals have made themselves. With the proper kernel released, real dev work based off of it can begin.

Devs- am i right or completely off base here (no pun intended)

·
Average Android
93 Posts
This is why there are so many froyo kernels available, because it's been officially released.. And this is the first official GB release.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.