Android OS Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
UNC said:
Can we get a class-action suit against HTC/Verizon? They release buggy hardware with buggy software and patch it with more bugs? I truly feel like I have been fleeced, as I'm sure many of you do.
If it wasn't for the awesome devs I would've already thrown this thing in the river!!!!
Meh, can't be perfect. Stock users get GB with minimal issues, and we continue to live in the land of gods (Devs). And how would you say the hardware is buggy other than some power buttons getting stuck?

·
Android Apprentice
65 Posts
miketoasty said:
Meh, can't be perfect. Stock users get GB with minimal issues, and we continue to live in the land of gods (Devs). And how would you say the hardware is buggy other than some power buttons getting stuck?
The radio is known to drop signal for a few seconds during the handoff (which sucks when streaming anything), the power button (mine isn't stuck it's REALLY loose) and the GPS takes WAY longer than it should to acquire.
I've had quite a few Android devices and this is by far the worst of the lot. (G1, Droid, Incredible, Sammy 10.1, TB)

I guess it's better than the Xoom though!!!

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
UNC said:
The radio is known to drop signal for a few seconds during the handoff (which sucks when streaming anything), the power button (mine isn't stuck it's REALLY loose) and the GPS takes WAY longer than it should to acquire.
I've had quite a few Android devices and this is by far the worst of the lot. (G1, Droid, Incredible, Sammy 10.1, TB)

I guess it's better than the Xoom though!!!
My hand off is damn near instant, can watch items being streamed and download things without issue.

The power button is crap, I will admit, no problems with mine but know others that have said problems.

My GPS has never taken more than 10 seconds to start, this was a problem when the phone first came out but has since been fixed.

I would say this phone is right in the middle of the pack, got it for 4G, and so far it has held up. I wouldn't say it's the best phone in the world, but no reason to sue someone over it.

And yes of course most things are better than the Xoom =P. Well except anything Apple, I like staying outside the walled garden.

·
Android Apprentice
65 Posts
miketoasty said:
My hand off is damn near instant, can watch items being streamed and download things without issue.

The power button is crap, I will admit, no problems with mine but know others that have said problems.

My GPS has never taken more than 10 seconds to start, this was a problem when the phone first came out but has since been fixed.

I would say this phone is right in the middle of the pack, got it for 4G, and so far it has held up. I wouldn't say it's the best phone in the world, but no reason to sue someone over it.

And yes of course most things are better than the Xoom =P. Well except anything Apple, I like staying outside the walled garden.
I can download things, but if I'm streaming ESPN radio for example and it hands off from 4g to 3g or to wifi the stream stops. Doesn't matter which rom/radio/TB I use, I get the same results . (3rd TB 2 returned for data issues already)

BTW, I didn't say it was the worst Android device, just the worst that I have owned (and the most expensive, go figure). I would still take it over the LG or the Droid Charge.

(I would actually take anything Apple makes over the Xoom even a Pippin!!!!)

41 - 47 of 47 Posts