Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my D2 I could change this at will, is it possible to do the same thing on the Bionic? I haven't been able to find any settings for it in Rom Manager, am I not looking in the right place? Thanks for any help!

·
CELL TECH
1,173 Posts
"fatpomp said:
I was able to change mine using the pull down editor in the Root Tools app.
Mine like everyone elses reverted after a reboot or 2. If you got it to stick using root tools cherish it.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
JRJ442 said:
Root tools works on the Bionic?

Maybe I should've looked two posts up...lol
Make sure to get the correct one. It was updated yesterday as deodexed with 1% batt mod by nitroglycerin33. All in one package with a lockscreen image also.

·
Android Beginner
21 Posts
DroidJunk said:
Make sure to get the correct one. It was updated yesterday as deodexed with 1% batt mod by nitroglycerin33. All in one package with a lockscreen image also.
Is there a file location repository or a link for that APK? Thanks in advance.

·
Super User
785 Posts
DroidJunk said:
jrummy's root tools app was updated yesterday? My market doesn't have any indication that I have an update for that app?

So root tools can change my pulldown text on my Bionic now??

·
Super User
785 Posts
DroidJunk said:
TeeX: Dont know about root tools.
oh sorry DJ- I thought your earlier response was in reference to root tools getting an update. Misunderstood :)

·
Android Beginner
27 Posts
TeeX said:
jrummy's root tools app was updated yesterday? My market doesn't have any indication that I have an update for that app?

So root tools can change my pulldown text on my Bionic now??
It worked for me, but others have said it won't stick for them after a couple reboots.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Super User
785 Posts
fatpomp said:
It worked for me, but others have said it won't stick for them after a couple reboots.

yeah, and I've read where it stuck some in a bootloop. I'm not really wanting to chance it regardless. I'll just wait for a common solution to change the pulldown. Not a big thing :)

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
I don't think an easy solution will be found. Looking at GB code the spn (carrierlabel) is pulled from the sim card. I have found a second method, but it still requires a recompiled systemui and then a hex edit of resources.arsc in framework-res. This method is limited to replacing "(No Service)" which is only 12 characters. I personally think the image addition offers more.

Just my opinion.

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
moosc said:
Oops

Do you have the galaxy settings in your status drop down on a Bionic? If so, how?

sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
The sim card has got to be the culprit on the Bionic. I had tried changing the Carrier title with Root Tools and it never took so I pulled my framework-res.apk to try and manually set the new title in the eri.xml and sure enough the eri.xml already had what I put in with Root Tools. This may be a challenge to really change the carrier name since the Bionic requires the sim. :(

·
Android Lover
1,095 Posts
No its widgetsoid app
Tepes said:
Do you have the galaxy settings in your status drop down on a Bionic? If so, how?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.