Android OS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Supporting Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what video player you guys would recommend for MKV playback off internal storage or usb harddrive?

I have plex for streaming and it really is awesome BUT I will be on a 5 hour flight and want to make sure the kids and I have plently of videos to watch.

I should also state that I am hoping there is an option that does not require me to convert the file but if I have to what settings are you using?

I have tried a few different players but this is a new area for me and any help would be greatly appericated.

Regards,

Murd0ck

·
Average Android
185 Posts
ive been using mx player (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad&feature=search_result) and it has played the few things i have thrown at it, some the regular player wouldnt even do. it says it support .mkv, probably be best to put it on the internal storage, im assuming youll have plenty of room. this player also required addition app for codecs when i used it so test it before you lose internet!

·
'); DROP TABLE Users;--
88 Posts
murd0ck said:
Wondering what video player you guys would recommend for MKV playback off internal storage or usb harddrive?

I have plex for streaming and it really is awesome BUT I will be on a 5 hour flight and want to make sure the kids and I have plently of videos to watch.

I should also state that I am hoping there is an option that does not require me to convert the file but if I have to what settings are you using?

I have tried a few different players but this is a new area for me and any help would be greatly appericated.

Regards,

Murd0ck
I've been using MoboPlayer with overall success. It's available in the market for free. Like mx player, you have to download codecs from market, but playback is smooth and battery efficient so far.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I use Dice Player. It plays 720p mkv without any problems so far. Its available in Market but its not for free :(

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm not sure if it's well know but I learned from my Chinese friends that QQplayer is awesome. I've used it, it's free and powerful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts