Android OS Forum banner
321 - 340 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
if i delete from system/app the apps that I do not need and the widgets I do not need after restart I can not see the rest of HTC widgets in widgets menu

but if I delete the apps I do not need and the widgets I do not need from system/app folder then I enter in widgets menu and after I do an restart I can see the rest of the HTC widgets in widgets menu...

i have this bug after full wipe and an fresh install...

thank you for your ROM, waiting for an major rosie and camera update,
please consider to fix and improve the small bugs that persist in qHD holo theme from the market. and if possible make the status bar transparent to match the transparent rosie
thank you again.
good luck,

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got a problem with 1.35 (the first and only version of Virtuous Infinity I've tried, I am a long time user of non ICS Virtuous ROMS). I can not connect to the APN / Data network to save my life. Phone calls work fine, and Wifi works fine, but no data unless I'm around an available wifi source.

Is there any logging or debugging I can try and gather to help understand my issue?

T-Mobile G2 / Desire Z

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
I have been using Virtuous Sense for a long while now, but got a bit fed up with the phone becoming more and more sluggish. And I was of course tempted by ICS features, so I tried Andromadus Mimicry for a short while. Unfortunately I was unable to send SMS messages, so I returned to Virtuous and installed Infinity 1.35 Beta1. I have reported about this in a now truncated post.

Let me start with applauding the Virtuous team for creating an ICS/Sense 4 ROM that can be used on the Vision (G2/Desire Z). I was very happy to see the V logo fill up and started using the ROM. But... I had to resign after a day. Although warned by some, I saw too much in those that reported they used this ROM as their daily driver. That proved to be a disappointment.

It started with small issues. The trackpad wake did not work (although activated in the settings). The softkey light was very bright. And the glitches. On the positive side: my battery was charging fine...

But in the end it was the speed (or lack of it) that forced me to roll back to Virtuous Sense. In the Infinity ROM the Sense part is restarting on a regular basis. Sometimes the system is frozen for minutes. And a very peculiar situation was when trying to phone a number: sometimes the dialing started minutes after the number was requested. In between the phone could be used (scrolled through contactlist f.i.), but then the phone suddenly was connected.

So I am back with the old rom (wiping the device and putting back a backup seems to have made it a bit less sluggish), and without the possibility to help development further... I will follow this though and will be happy to test out new beta's. If they arrive, because for some reason the project seems dead or at least in deep rest: the bugtracker is that of primadonna, the virtuous side does not even mention beta1, there is not much feedback of developers and I have honestly no idea what thread is the official one...

Re/Frank

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got a problem with 1.35 (the first and only version of Virtuous Infinity I've tried, I am a long time user of non ICS Virtuous ROMS). I can not connect to the APN / Data network to save my life. Phone calls work fine, and Wifi works fine, but no data unless I'm around an available wifi source.

Is there any logging or debugging I can try and gather to help understand my issue?

T-Mobile G2 / Desire Z
I just wanted to follow up for anyone that may be kind enough to want to help me address this, or for anyone sharing the issue. I wiped cache etc and reloaded once more just to ensure it wasn't a fluke, and in the process of putting all my software back etc, I came to find out that the issue was caused by a Wifi-Calling for ICS package I was using from XDA.

Without the Wifi-Calling package loaded, everything works as expected from a connectivity perspective.

With the Wifi-Calling package loaded, I could always make make calls, but only had data if connected to wifi. Wifi calling was also working, because my regular cell connection was disabled.

I'm not sure if there is a better package to use with this rom, but I'd personally like to get my hands on it as it's a regular feature I use, and has been supported (typically out of the box) on every Virtuous ROM I've used - One of the biggest reasons I've been using them for so long!

Thanks for any input / feedback.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been using Virtuous Sense for a long while now, but got a bit fed up with the phone becoming more and more sluggish. And I was of course tempted by ICS features, so I tried Andromadus Mimicry for a short while. Unfortunately I was unable to send SMS messages, so I returned to Virtuous and installed Infinity 1.35 Beta1. I have reported about this in a now truncated post.

Let me start with applauding the Virtuous team for creating an ICS/Sense 4 ROM that can be used on the Vision (G2/Desire Z). I was very happy to see the V logo fill up and started using the ROM. But... I had to resign after a day. Although warned by some, I saw too much in those that reported they used this ROM as their daily driver. That proved to be a disappointment.

It started with small issues. The trackpad wake did not work (although activated in the settings). The softkey light was very bright. And the glitches. On the positive side: my battery was charging fine...

But in the end it was the speed (or lack of it) that forced me to roll back to Virtuous Sense. In the Infinity ROM the Sense part is restarting on a regular basis. Sometimes the system is frozen for minutes. And a very peculiar situation was when trying to phone a number: sometimes the dialing started minutes after the number was requested. In between the phone could be used (scrolled through contactlist f.i.), but then the phone suddenly was connected.

So I am back with the old rom (wiping the device and putting back a backup seems to have made it a bit less sluggish), and without the possibility to help development further... I will follow this though and will be happy to test out new beta's. If they arrive, because for some reason the project seems dead or at least in deep rest: the bugtracker is that of primadonna, the virtuous side does not even mention beta1, there is not much feedback of developers and I have honestly no idea what thread is the official one...

Re/Frank
While I can't give you any magic wand, on my device I used titanium to remove Dropbox, Facebook, and the Tune-in Radio app (I think that was the name), there was a bunch of crap that always started on the phone related to those (mostly FaceBook), and it made a night and day difference.

I really wish the applications were smarter with Android, and only loaded all that startup crap for applications that you actually have an account linked with rather than just default every application loaded on the phone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also, for people requiring more oomph from this rom, I'm finding that Swapper 2 set to 256mb (I have a HTC G2 / Vision / Desire Z) has made another large leap in performance.

OC may be the next step, but honestly at this point, the phone is nearly as snappy as it's ever been so I'm pretty happy. Looking forward to future builds!

·
Registered
15 Posts
founded the answer to my question :)

[background=rgb(233, 233, 233)]to see rest of the htc widgets when you delete some of them. [/background]

[background=rgb(233, 233, 233)]>[/background]Settings->apps->all apps: choose htc sense and clear data

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also, for people requiring more oomph from this rom, I'm finding that Swapper 2 set to 256mb (I have a HTC G2 / Vision / Desire Z) has made another large leap in performance.

OC may be the next step, but honestly at this point, the phone is nearly as snappy as it's ever been so I'm pretty happy. Looking forward to future builds!
Also good thing to use is ram manager. It has the option to lock the launcher in memory. This reduces launcher reloads alot :)

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also good thing to use is ram manager. It has the option to lock the launcher in memory. This reduces launcher reloads alot :)

While I am not familiar with that product - I have been a long time user of AutoKiller Memory Manager, and for this phone (Desire Z / G2 / Vision), After seeing your post, I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm using all 10 of the kernel tweaks, and have the memory tuning set to "Optimum". I have a 5-8 minute "boot time" on the device now, but once it's up it's completely stable, and buttery smooth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone know how to get stable hsdpa connection? Im getting intermittent connection. Connection was ok with other rom. Thx.

Sent from my HTC Vision using RootzWiki

·
Registered
1 Posts
why the title is still 'alpha 3' ?? it is updated now to beta 1 , isn't it? BTW im using this rom on desire s,,, its good, but seems to be heavy for the phone , have some problems with widgets, especially with power control widget,, i click on the brightness level, but it clicks on the sync icon, then i click sync icon to turn it off, it clicks on the GPS icon!! when the beta 2 is going to release anyway?

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
why the title is still 'alpha 3' ?? when the beta 2 is going to release anyway?
Part of my comments are also directed to that issue: is the rom still maintained and how can we help? I have no idea where to find the "official thread", there is no bug report page (the one refered to is that of PrimaDonna), the Virtuous site has a last post dated over a month ago and twitter is silent as well. Please note: these are no complaints because I totally respect the hard work that has been done. But I would be sad if development is at low gear because of lack of input (to name something).

F

·
Registered
10 Posts
Part of my comments are also directed to that issue: is the rom still maintained and how can we help? I have no idea where to find the "official thread", there is no bug report page (the one refered to is that of PrimaDonna), the Virtuous site has a last post dated over a month ago and twitter is silent as well. Please note: these are no complaints because I totally respect the hard work that has been done. But I would be sad if development is at low gear because of lack of input (to name something).

F
Just because there are not posting anything on their site or twitter or here. Does not mean they do not develop on this ROM. Be patient.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a coupe of problems, first of all the rom is great!!, but when someone call me always I see the number and not the name, in other words, if I have a distincitve ringtone on that number, it recognizes and plays but show only the number as if it where a number that is not on my contacts. Other thing is that is very slow and this somethimes piss me off, is there a way to fix those 2 problems????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just installed v1.35 Beta1 and its beautiful..thanks to all involved...its runs flawless for me on my Htc inspire..only thing i noticed is that the controls on my wired headset to change music tracks and make/end calls don't work unlike before on Affinity ROM. and thats minor to me considering the total achievement.

*Clean install..formatted all partitions except sdcard(fat32)

321 - 340 of 374 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.