Android OS Forum banner
341 - 360 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just wanted to follow up for anyone that may be kind enough to want to help me address this, or for anyone sharing the issue. I wiped cache etc and reloaded once more just to ensure it wasn't a fluke, and in the process of putting all my software back etc, I came to find out that the issue was caused by a Wifi-Calling for ICS package I was using from XDA.

Without the Wifi-Calling package loaded, everything works as expected from a connectivity perspective.

With the Wifi-Calling package loaded, I could always make make calls, but only had data if connected to wifi. Wifi calling was also working, because my regular cell connection was disabled.

I'm not sure if there is a better package to use with this rom, but I'd personally like to get my hands on it as it's a regular feature I use, and has been supported (typically out of the box) on every Virtuous ROM I've used - One of the biggest reasons I've been using them for so long!

Thanks for any input / feedback.
I believe there were several wi-fi calling packages, and at least some were overwriting a file that was not supposed to be overwritten, and this would impact data connectivity. I would have to track down the details, but hopefully this will help you along to find the resolution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello devlopers of this firmware if you read this topic! Fix is finally bug with video playback on the phone! Do not you see that video playback is covered by squares and the resulting effect as a bud of low quality video. This bug is the alpha version of the left! How many firmwares have tried and none of the bug is not! Fix it please! And then this firmware is the best in the world!

·
Registered
44 Posts
If anyone is looking to add wifi calling and has the HTC G2 / Vision / Desire Z, my testing seems good with this package:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1664106

I did not change radio's etc.. I just loaded into recovery and flashed the zip with version 2.1 of the Wifi Calling add-on.
I just checked and this particular patch will result in data connectivity being unavailable unless wifi is enabled, at least on my phone. The patch listed at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1654940&page=20 however (wificallingICSASOP.zip) however does not have this problem. If you look at the packages, you find the ICSASOP version has fewer files included. The only oddity I've noticed with this wifi calling and the ROM is that after a call is complete, it seems to drop the wifi call signal for a little bit then re-establishes it. Irritating if you want to do lots of back to back calls but otherwise minor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
With 1.35 Beta 1 (on Doubleshot), is anybody else noticing that the system isn't dropping to deep sleep when a Bluetooth headset is enabled? On CM 9.1, this was resolved, and it may be a kernel delta, but wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one...

While I love the ROM overall, power on CM 9.1 just seems to be much more aggressively managed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just checked and this particular patch will result in data connectivity being unavailable unless wifi is enabled, at least on my phone. The patch listed at http://forum.xda-dev...1654940&page=20 however (wificallingICSASOP.zip) however does not have this problem. If you look at the packages, you find the ICSASOP version has fewer files included. The only oddity I've noticed with this wifi calling and the ROM is that after a call is complete, it seems to drop the wifi call signal for a little bit then re-establishes it. Irritating if you want to do lots of back to back calls but otherwise minor.
I have tried this a dozen or so times. Each time I flash this version, I get 0 radio working, to where I can't even sync time. I've been fully wiping and installed 1.33, then patched up to 1.35, and I've installed 1.35 straight. I've also installed 1.35 clean, patched, then dirty installed 1.35. Not having luck. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have tried this a dozen or so times. Each time I flash this version, I get 0 radio working, to where I can't even sync time. I've been fully wiping and installed 1.33, then patched up to 1.35, and I've installed 1.35 straight. I've also installed 1.35 clean, patched, then dirty installed 1.35. Not having luck. What am I doing wrong?
Curiously enough, CM9.1 has wifi calling working right out of the box. I've tried Inquisition too, but I don't see Wifi Calling in Titanium, so I'm guessing it's been pulled from the latest builds - no developer notes to back that though. No responses in over a week trying to get anywhere on #virtuousrom as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Curiously enough, CM9.1 has wifi calling working right out of the box. I've tried Inquisition too, but I don't see Wifi Calling in Titanium, so I'm guessing it's been pulled from the latest builds - no developer notes to back that though. No responses in over a week trying to get anywhere on #virtuousrom as well.
I've been using CM9.1 lately, as while I could get wifi calling working, it wasn't stable for long calls (may be a power management issue where it was going to deep sleep while on a call). When I get back in the states, I may play with this rom again though. I will probably be able to test again to verify late next week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been using CM9.1 lately, as while I could get wifi calling working, it wasn't stable for long calls (may be a power management issue where it was going to deep sleep while on a call). When I get back in the states, I may play with this rom again though. I will probably be able to test again to verify late next week.
I'd appreciate what you find. While I'm actually very satisfied with CM 9.1 (used virtuous since my first root, several years ago). I kinda feel like they are my go-to brand now for an item because traditionally the support and quality has been very impressive. My experience with their doubleshot / MT4GS has been less than expectations however. Hopefully they are just all distracted on a Jelly Bean project or something, and haven't just left this device "as-is". On a positive note, I now know it's safe to adventure away from Virtuous and still find quality ROM's, and I've broken my dependency on Sense (Good Thing).

·
Registered
1 Posts
used to have a G2 running CM7, recently got a MT4GS (Doubleshot) and was using CM9 on it, but didn't like the camera, i loved the stock camera app on the MT4GS, just don't want the bloatware. so after some googling, i have found VIRTUOUS INFINITY to fit my needs with a stockish feel, but sleeker/quicker.

only thing i've come across that keep this rom from being a homerun, is the speakerphone volume is really really low... is there a fix for this yet? i am running the latest beta with OTA updater.

also, when using instagram, the "blur" effect, causes artificats in the blurred area.

once again, only real gripe i have is the rediculously low sound i get from speakerphone when on the phone... like literally, the headset speaker is louder then the speakerphone at full volume.

love the rom otherwise, camera works great, and i don't need 1080p recording, perfectly happy with 720p.

·
Registered
128 Posts
used to have a G2 running CM7, recently got a MT4GS (Doubleshot) and was using CM9 on it, but didn't like the camera, i loved the stock camera app on the MT4GS, just don't want the bloatware. so after some googling, i have found VIRTUOUS INFINITY to fit my needs with a stockish feel, but sleeker/quicker.

only thing i've come across that keep this rom from being a homerun, is the speakerphone volume is really really low... is there a fix for this yet? i am running the latest beta with OTA updater.

also, when using instagram, the "blur" effect, causes artificats in the blurred area.

once again, only real gripe i have is the rediculously low sound i get from speakerphone when on the phone... like literally, the headset speaker is louder then the speakerphone at full volume.

love the rom otherwise, camera works great, and i don't need 1080p recording, perfectly happy with 720p.
Check out the thread for Infinity on XDA. There is a fix pack over there that includes speakerphone volume done by "Riyal". Read up on it before flashing.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,

I have installed v1.35 on doubleshot. The rom looks great.. but i found a few probs in it..

1) There is a problem where the screen get glitchy when sliding down the notification area, swiping between homescreen in infinite loop mode (I use 3 screen only), switching between apps for multitasking, Camera, etc..

2) In wifi hotspot mode with security set to allow only approved users to connect, the security doesnt seem to work. Its doesnt ask for permission if a new device tries to connect nor does it show any of the connected devices. It always says 0 users connected.

3) The battery doesnt charge to 100%, even after many hours it shows some random % and then after a restart it will show somewhere between 80-95%.

4) Also the charge doesn't last long.

BTW i have tried installing the unofficial all inclusive patch (by riyal & sundream), re-installing the whole rom a couple of times, but probs remain the same.

Does anyone else also face these problems or is it just me ?

Any solutions for any of these ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

I have installed v1.35 on doubleshot. The rom looks great.. but i found a few probs in it..

1) There is a problem where the screen get glitchy when sliding down the notification area, swiping between homescreen in infinite loop mode (I use 3 screen only), switching between apps for multitasking, Camera, etc..

2) In wifi hotspot mode with security set to allow only approved users to connect, the security doesnt seem to work. Its doesnt ask for permission if a new device tries to connect nor does it show any of the connected devices. It always says 0 users connected.

3) The battery doesnt charge to 100%, even after many hours it shows some random % and then after a restart it will show somewhere between 80-95%.

4) Also the charge doesn't last long.

BTW i have tried installing the unofficial all inclusive patch (by riyal & sundream), re-installing the whole rom a couple of times, but probs remain the same.

Does anyone else also face these problems or is it just me ?

Any solutions for any of these ?
try to flash the custom v3.0.43 kernel below from genY.VisionX rom's author on xda-developer(originated frm virtuous)
http://www.mediafire...7iat7kui4pf4wyd

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is that for the doubleshot?

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
it's actually same as the kernel as tis rom(source code frm virtuous team),
just an updated and edited version by the genY.VisionX rom's author for desire z/g2
there's no harm to giv it a try since u can always revert back to previous backup through recovery if anything goes wrong

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm still not having any luck getting this particular ROM working with WiFi Calling on a MT4G Slide. I've tried several of the ICS and non-ICS flavored WiFi Calling flashables, and all I get are "invalid SIM" in the WiFi Calling app, as well as no ability to use the phone at all. If I try to disable WiFi Calling, I'm told my SIM is invalid, so options are disabled. I've gone in and upgraded to the latest SIM Card available to try and resolve this as well. I also worked with a T-Mobile Rep to ensure the new "flavor" of WiFi Calling was flagged on my account, which required them to slightly change the formatting of my address for the 911 service.

Working ROM's with WiFi Calling:
- CM 9.1 (From XDA)
- Inquisition
- MikXE v0.4
- Stock

Very puzzling to me, all of the ROM's above worked either out of the box or with the "WifiCallingICSAOSP.zip" file.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm still not having any luck getting this particular ROM working with WiFi Calling on a MT4G Slide. I've tried several of the ICS and non-ICS flavored WiFi Calling flashables, and all I get are "invalid SIM" in the WiFi Calling app, as well as no ability to use the phone at all. If I try to disable WiFi Calling, I'm told my SIM is invalid, so options are disabled. I've gone in and upgraded to the latest SIM Card available to try and resolve this as well. I also worked with a T-Mobile Rep to ensure the new "flavor" of WiFi Calling was flagged on my account, which required them to slightly change the formatting of my address for the 911 service.

Working ROM's with WiFi Calling:
- CM 9.1 (From XDA)
- Inquisition
- MikXE v0.4
- Stock

Very puzzling to me, all of the ROM's above worked either out of the box or with the "WifiCallingICSAOSP.zip" file.
I am finally back in the states and checking this out. The reality is though that as much as I liked the virtuous builds, I was having problems with wifi calling on all of them. I'm restoring to my infinity 1.35 install now to check out the behaviors, but I believe I was having problems with the wifi-calling remaining stable, but not having sim problems... I'll let you know in a bit.

Ok, so I booted back into virt infinity, and have wif calling showing back up (1.35 beta 1). The kernel is set to 3.0.16, but it has issues with bluetooth power consumption. I believe I installed wificalling with the wificallingicsaosp.zip file, and with it active, I have the app opening up with no issues (on CM, if I open the control panel for it, it bombs out though...). I'm waiting on my wife to get off her phone tonight to do a bit more testing.

Ok... I got online with wi-fi calling with virt infinity, and called my wife. As usual, the call dropped in about 2 minutes. This is with the 3.0.16 kernel--my next test (tomorrow) is to try the newer kernel, as with it under other builds, it hasn't tried to sleep on me (which I think is happening). Bluetooth is another issue, as with 3.0.36 a number of issues had to be worked out. I will again report back my findings, but if you are getting SIM issues with the build, this seems like a completely differet issue than I am getting (to pyro9219). I can at least make calls with wifi calling, they just don't last more than a minute or two...

341 - 360 of 374 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.