Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Developer
125 Posts

We are pleased to announce the first release of Virtuous Primo, this is based on the leaked 1.56.401.11 release RUU. We would like to give special thanks to Football for the RUU.

This build currently falls as an X-Series release, how ever it is suitable for use as a daily driver if you can live with a few bugs. We hope to have ROM feature complete as soon possible. Check bellow for a full list of what is working and what is not.

Primo is the result of a collaborative, team effort by the following developers:Working
  • HW Acceleration
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Mobile Data, SMS, MMS & Voice Calls
  • GPS
  • Sensors (Auto Brightness is a bit iffy)
  • Audio
  • USB Storgage (No 3rd Party App Required)
  • FM Radio
  • More....
Not Working
  • Camera
  • WiFi Hotspot
  • USB Tethering
  • You tell us
Screenshots

Features

• Based on the Primo ROM (1.56.401.1).
  • Fully Deodexed
  • Ported for almost full functionality on all of supported devices
  • Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
  • Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.
  • Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1.1Ghz-307MHz/ondemand screen-on, 768Mhz-307Mhz/conservative screen-off), via custom built virtuous_oc C daemon.
  • Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
  • Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
Supported Devices
  • Desire HD
  • Desire Z
  • Desire S
  • Incredible 2
  • Incredible S
  • Inspire 4G
  • myTouch 4G
Important Notes

• You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.
Bugs and Errors

To ease the process of reporting bugs to the team, we made a public bugtracker where you can report any bugs you found. Please make sure you read all the existing entries there to avoid doubling the errors.

The bugtracker is located here (coming soon).

Credits

Football - For the RUU
lowveld - for pointing us in right direction to fix WiFi
bangincrazy - For testing on MT4G
xvicedice - For music playback fix

Download :: Changelog :: More Information
(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)
Check out our forums

·
Developer
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Virtuous Primadonna v1.21.0 Alpha 3

Nothing to exciting in this update we're afraid, its more of a maintenance release to bring the Inc 2 in line with all other devices, along with a few key bugfixes for other devices.

Features
  • Trackpad wake/sleep (Vision, Glacier & Doubleshot)

Bug Fixes
  • Vivow (Inc 2) brought in line with all other devices (nitsuj17)
  • Auto brightness and soft key backlights
  • Soft key rotation (Vivo, Vivow)
  • Fixed mic for calls (Vivo, Vivow) (nikhil007mmus)
  • All market sourced apps updated to latest version

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
great run. only issue i see (that's not in the op) is mms. the connection settings are incorrect, and grayed out, so they cannot be edited by the user. a similar issue exists, or existed, in PrimoHawkSense over on mikmik

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great ROM! One thing I notice, is when I flashed this ROM, my GPS seemed to work fine and I went to the car dock app and was able to type in location. But then it wasn't able to search for GPS signal. So I fixed permissions hoping that would fixed it. Rebooted after fix, now I can get into the car dock app but navigation won't even open up at all. Music will, internet radio will, phone and contacts do, but no navigation. Can someone help me with this please?

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using RootzWiki

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
great run. only issue i see (that's not in the op) is mms. the connection settings are incorrect, and grayed out, so they cannot be edited by the user. a similar issue exists, or existed, in PrimoHawkSense over on mikmik
I can confirm this. Hoping that GoSMS will work.

Nothing with GoSMS either. I tried to change the mms settings there as well but I only get the notification of a mms but no image.

·
Developer
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can confirm this. Hoping that GoSMS will work. Nothing with GoSMS either. I tried to change the mms settings there as well but I only get the notification of a mms but no image.
I haven't tried it yet but i'm almost sure the procedure from Unity/Affinity will work here too. Credits for the post goes to frosty:

1.) Download this file: http://db.tt/BJSPZl6z (Right click, save as)
2.) Download APN Backup and Restore here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore&feature=search_result
3.) After installing, plug your phone in and go to the SD card and place the first file into a folder called "APNBackupRestore"
4.) After doing that unplug the phone and open the APN app.
5.) Delete APNs
6.) Restore APNs. The xml file you copied in that folder will appear and select it, hit okay. It will restore the file.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
I haven't tried it yet but i'm almost sure the procedure from Unity/Affinity will work here too. Credits for the post goes to frosty:

1.) Download this file: http://db.tt/BJSPZl6z (Right click, save as)
2.) Download APN Backup and Restore here: https://market.andro...e=search_result
3.) After installing, plug your phone in and go to the SD card and place the first file into a folder called "APNBackupRestore"
4.) After doing that unplug the phone and open the APN app.
5.) Delete APNs
6.) Restore APNs. The xml file you copied in that folder will appear and select it, hit okay. It will restore the file.
OK. This is very weird. It did indeed change them but it changed it to Orange MMS now. lol. I looked at that file above and I actually already had it but it's definitely not converting correctly. I have no idea why it is doing that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im running this ROM and have some major issues.

GPS does not work.

MMS does not work

Bluetooth does not work.

Camera does not work.

Can anyone give me any help with any of this. Bluetooth & GPS were suppose to work. Thats why i snatched this ROM.

For Once, MR. Incredible needs some help!

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts

GPS does not work.

MMS does not work

Bluetooth does not work.

Camera does not work.

Can anyone give me any help with any of this. Bluetooth & GPS were suppose to work. Thats why i snatched this ROM.

You'll note that the last post was may 25. Try nitsuj17's ukb, it's the most stable lately.

Sent from my vivow using Tapatalk 2

·
Developer
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

GPS does not work.

MMS does not work

Bluetooth does not work.

Camera does not work.

Best option for you atm is nitsuj17's rom. He made also the camera working and it's worth a try.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.