Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Virtuous Developer
34 Posts
This is a flashable ROM from generated from Verizon's *official* 4.08.605.3 FOTA RUU (thanks to jcase for providing it) with the following set of changes:
  • Rooted with insecure boot, Superuser and su.
  • Deodexed and recompressed using my scripts and tools.
  • Busybox installed in /system/xbin.
  • Removed 45MB worth of bloatware applications.
  • Added support for /system/etc/init.d startup scripts.
More Information and Downloads

·
Registered
78 Posts
Huh? I had this rom on two different phones and the ota auto installed and bootlooped them. Just wondering if its been fixed. Hopefully the dev can respond. Thanks.

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
Thanks for this!

I have to say, this rom has been really solid, and really stable. I had noobed it up real bad and flashed back and forth between stock (with bloat) rooted and some other roms, messed around with ti backup, and screwed up my original rom by not having some of the backed up weather animation files, and started to get a lot of force closes because a bunch of apps were missing. Lesson learned there.

Long story short, I flashed this right up and it works great! I mean, as good as the stock rom could work, but overall that's really solid. This is a great fallback rom, and the instructions work well, and I just wanted to say thanks.

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
So - with the new OTA coming out, has the update function been turned off in this rom or should i hurry up and flash something else as a stopgap?

Thanks!

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
FYI - I read somewhere else that you can freeze the com.smithmicro.dm file using ti backup to prevent OTA, so that's an easy step.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Looking forward to the updated ROM. Since it is now 2.3.4, from what I've read, that the OTA did not include Talk with video. Anyway this could be thrown in?

Thanks!

·
Registered
389 Posts
"leerage said:
Looking forward to the updated ROM. Since it is now 2.3.4, from what I've read, that the OTA did not include Talk with video. Anyway this could be thrown in?

Thanks!
Yes...in market search for talk 1.3. Download and follow instructions. Make sure to back up current app first. Worked like a charm for me on original ROM.

·
Registered
389 Posts
"Adrynalyne said:
Im having trouble getting Talk2 to work in 2.3.4.

I mean, it works, but it fails when you try to use video. I may try again.
In wrong thread hahaha. Ik its confusing sometimes. Loving bamf!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts