Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Virtuous Developer
34 Posts

Virtuous Unity is the first custom Sense 3.0 ROM, scaled for WVGA screens, to be based on an official shipping release from HTC (1.35.75.1).
The entire ROM is brand new, taking no application or framework components from any prior Sense 3 releases.

Unity is the result of a collaborative, team effort by the following developers:Screenshots

Features

• Based on the official Sensation shipping ROM (1.35.75.1).
  • Ported for full functionality on each supported devices. Additional device support is being added regularly.
  • Resized for WVGA (800x480) displays, using a purpose built tool to modify HTC's proprietary m10 binaries, developed by Flemmard and Diamondback.
  • Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
  • Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.
  • Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1.2Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 806Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built Virtuous_OC C daemon.
  • Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 and MT4G only).
  • WiFi calling (T-Mobile USA only).
  • Fully functional device hardware, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.
  • Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
  • Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
Supported Devices
Porting Information and Credits

Virtuous Unity, or any components therein, may not be ported to other devices without explicit email approval from the development team. We will be approving ports, presuming the develop of a given port is ready and willing to follow the same revision control and release processes currently employed existing devices.

Important Notes

• If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue.
  • You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.
Bugs and Errors

To ease the process of reporting bugs to the team, we made a public bugtracker where you can report the bugs you found. Please make sure you read all the existing entries there to avoid doubling the errors.

The bugtracker is located here.

Download :: Changelog :: More Information(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)

Download Patch to v1.31.x to v1.31.3
(Fixes: In-Call Mic, Mobile Data, Boot Loops, Voice Search)

·
Virtuous Developer
34 Posts
Update Radio, Touchpad Firmware, Clockwork Recovery

This is the firmware which accompanies the FOTA. You can apply the update before or after installing the ROM. If you're having trouble flashing the ROM in the first place, then apply this first.

1. Download this PG32IMG.zip (MD5:de10c06482eaf9b3d0d058b607e2568c)
  2. Place it on your sdcard.
  3. Reboot into the bootloader. There are many ways to do this: Run 'adb reboot bootloader' or power down the device completely, hold the volume down and hold the power button to turn it back on.
  4. Select bootloader from the menu.
  5. You will see a green verification bar along the right side of the screen, push volume up when prompted to verify the update.
  6. Profit.

·
Android Apprentice
125 Posts
oh hell yea. I have been waiting on this one for a while.

Flashing now, will report back on my findings.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Your website says that the best way to install is through ROM Manager.
I don't see this available in RM. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I need to refresh/reload?
Or, is it just that you have not yet added this to RM?

·
Virtuous Developer
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
weihi said:
Your website says that the best way to install is through ROM Manager.
I don't see this available in RM. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I need to refresh/reload?
Or, is it just that you have not yet added this to RM?
Correct, it isn't on RM yet. I've submitted to have the Inc2 added to the master manifest but it hasn't been approved yet.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
My phone keeps boot looping after installing this. I wiped data, cache, dalvik cache and system partitions before installing the rom. My phone boots up to the white HTC splash screen, hangs for a few moments and then goes black and repeats the same process over and over again. I re-wiped everything, reinstalled the rom and tried flashing the OC frequency patch in hopes of fixing the issue, but the boot looping prevails. I flashed back to the original Gingersense Sense 2.1 release (which is what I came from before attempting to flash this rom), and the phone boots up perfectly fine. Any suggestions as to what the issue(s) may be?

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
hi guys,
This is a great rom (the reason why i rooted my DHD)
So for my first post all i want to say is thank you Virtuous unity team for all the hard work and time you put into this.
flashing 1.31.0 now.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
smccloud said:
johnnytheboy, I'm not seeing that. But my phone is staying at the black htc screen for a long time on each boot.
I don't even get up to the black HTC screen. It just keeps rebooting to the white one over and over again, forcing me to pull the battery.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
smccloud said:
johnnytheboy, i'm guessing you can't get a logcat?
Nope. Unless there's a way to get a logcat without actually having the phone fully boot, it seems I'm stuck. I just reformatted my SD card, wiped everything again, reinstalled with the patch, and still it boot loops.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
This patch from the OP:

"If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue."

·
Supporting Member
101 Posts
johnnnytheboy said:
This patch from the OP:

"If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue."
I normally don't miss stuff like that. I think there is somethign wrong w/ the Incredible 2 part of the ROM since I'm now at 10 minutes to boot after my initial flash/boot.

·
Supporting Member
101 Posts
Ok, johnnnytheboy. I'm not much further along than you are anymore. After running a *228 on my phone and watching it reboot I got stuck at the black htc screen. I think something isn't quite right here but I have no clue what that is :(

I'm gonna give it one more wipe/re-flash and if that doesn't work I'm going to restore my nandroid backup (make one before every flash).

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
smccloud said:
Ok, johnnnytheboy. I'm not much further along than you are anymore. After running a *228 on my phone and watching it reboot I got stuck at the black htc screen. I think something isn't quite right here but I have no clue what that is :(
Yeah. It looks like we're both stuck for now. Strange though as it seems several others are running it with no issues over on XDA (sans the no 3G).

1 - 20 of 101 Posts