Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Android Aficionado
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there is one out and if not if we will see one. Can get sound through paid app but am curious about lagfix.

·
Registered
423 Posts
mezster said:
Just wondering if there is one out and if not if we will see one. Can get sound through paid app but am curious about lagfix.
Do you mean lagfix for the TW 2.3 roms or the AOSP roms?

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

·
Android Aficionado
119 Posts
Just for stock eh09. Just looking to flash cwm and get a voodoo kernel. Pretty simple. Not looking for rom necessarily, unless it is only way to get what I want going.

Oh yea, BLN would be nice too.

·
Registered
423 Posts
mezster said:
Just for stock eh09. Just looking to flash cwm and get a voodoo kernel. Pretty simple. Not looking for rom necessarily, unless it is only way to get what I want going.
Yea, not much going on for TW with the fascinate these days which makes me glad for I despise the existence of it. You should try one of the mtd roms. Wait.......you are on the fascinate right?

·
Android Aficionado
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"kidserious said:
Yea, not much going on for TW with the fascinate these days which makes me glad for I despise the existence of it. You should try one of the mtd roms. Wait.......you are on the fascinate right?

I am on a mez

·
Registered
423 Posts
butcher1966 said:
I would also like to see a voodoo kernel for eh09, but wouldn't mind an MTD rom minus the issues. I am on a mez.
Well, mtd is fixing to see the TW camera, I'm already rocking 'fully' functioning sensors which jt should be releasing in any day now in the next build, in-call audio is awesome now, I'm thinking with the source drop that jt will probably be able to fix a few other things like the data issue where it drops off and we have to toggle airplane mode, we'll see. We can actually charge the battery now when the phone is off for proper battery calibration. What other issues are keeping you away from mtd?

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
kidserious said:
Well, mtd is fixing to see the TW camera, I'm already rocking 'fully' functioning sensors which jt should be releasing in any day now in the next build, in-call audio is awesome now, I'm thinking with the source drop that jt will probably be able to fix a few other things like the data issue where it drops off and we have to toggle airplane mode, we'll see. We can actually charge the battery now when the phone is off for proper battery calibration. What other issues are keeping you away from mtd?
Once the Video Camera (recording at 720p), Sensors are at full speed and the radio is on EH09, I'll be all over going back to MTD ROMS.. As it stands even though is a laggy Gingerbread, its a fully working Gingerbread. I didnt know about the video Camera until I took my son on a special train trip and took some video.. it was all ****ed... Pictures turned out fine tho.. I could have lived with the sensors but the camera bug did it for me... Oh and that damn phantom ring you get sometimes while in a call... Grrrrrrr..

Not dissing the MTD ROMS at all, there is some awesome stuff going on there, but like they all say, treat them as very Alpha like state.. Once all the kinks are out our phones will be truly better than Samsung could EVER muster.

:)

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
Well, they've been passed the alpha stage for a while. Not living with two bugs is personal preference. We've had amazing performance albeit a few bugs here and there that's already been better than what Verizon/Samsung would put out.

·
Supporting Member
81 Posts
I have an recurring issue on miui and cm7 were the radio dies all the time. It will be great for a period of time(like 10 mins) and then I have to pull battery. I did clean installs and reinstalls and same thing keeps happening. That really is the only dealbreaker for me. The other things I consider a trade off and are not a reason to not rock the mtd's. Maybe my phone is just not liking mtd or maybe somewhere along the way, I borked something up.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
If that is the same kernel you posted on twitter a couple days ago imnuts then it was sending people into boot loops. I don't know anyone that has tried it since that day though

·
Supporting Member
81 Posts
I hope it will. Maybe illegal on the site, but I was hoping to " encourage " someone who can bring one, to do it. Sorry if it is an insult to you or anyone else. And if yours works on a Mez, then you win. My phone doesn't like the MTD Roms, and I miss having lagfix speed. i didn't intend to sound like an A hole and I'm sorry if Idid/do. Should've just said that I have a donation for........

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
d1L777 said:
If that is the same kernel you posted on twitter a couple days ago imnuts then it was sending people into boot loops. I don't know anyone that has tried it since that day though
It is the same one. I'm working on a new test now, though again, I don't know if it will work or not. Just looking at the default config, it is really odd, and the device drivers seem to be really messed up.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Thanks for all the work you have been doing. Very much appreciated. Hopefully one day it'll all make sense and you'll figure it out lol that or the fascinate will finally get a GB OTA update. That's probably asking for too much from Sammy though anyway :)

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
"imnuts said:
It is the same one. I'm working on a new test now, though again, I don't know if it will work or not. Just looking at the default config, it is really odd, and the device drivers seem to be really messed up.
Hope you figured it out.. love your kernels by the way,specially your -100, my phone seems to love that the most.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
"imnuts said:
Has kernel source been released for GB? I believe you are the one that makes the peanutbutta kernel, I had that on froyo and loved it. I am frantically patiently waiting for BLN. GB seems snappy enough I can wait for lagfix. Whittled like voodoo sound back as well. I appreciate all that the devs have done.

·
Android Aficionado
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
"firedog7881 said:
Has kernel source been released for GB? I believe you are the one that makes the peanutbutta kernel, I had that on froyo and loved it. I am frantically patiently waiting for BLN. GB seems snappy enough I can wait for lagfix. Whittled like voodoo sound back as well. I appreciate all that the devs have done.
I too am "frantically patiently waiting" and would also like to show some appreciation for making my phone more enjoyable. Thanks guys, I really mean it!

And if it takes a donation to somebody's beer fund to get lagfix kernel then so be it. More than happy to oblige.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts