Android OS Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Supporting Member
65 Posts
mezster said:
I too am "frantically patiently waiting" and would also like to show some appreciation for making my phone more enjoyable. Thanks guys, I really mean it!

And if it takes a donation to somebody's beer fund to get lagfix kernel then so be it. More than happy to oblige.
+1 most def

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
firedog7881 said:
Is this the kernel source?
Yup. Those that would know what to do with it already have it. There's not a lot of kernel devs left that support this phone or the fascinate. It could be a while before you see anything TW based.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
Hopefully we'll see something soon, I miss my voodoo kernel features. I am torn between starting or going back to froyo. The interface is so much better in GB but the lagfix, voodoo sound and bln are big for me.

·
Android Aficionado
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
"firedog7881 said:
Hopefully we'll see something soon, I miss my voodoo kernel features. I am torn between starting or going back to froyo. The interface is so much better in GB but the lagfix, voodoo sound and bln are big for me.
I am with you. I want to upgrade to gb but don't want to lose the same voodoo goodness. Not big on roms though I see the appeal, I just need something completely reliable (sans the bugs) for my work needs. I prefer to root and debloat myself. I know the devs that are left have moved on to bigger and better things, but at the same time there are many of us looking for something as menial as a tw voodoo kernel. The work on heinz and the others is awesome, don't get me wrong, just hoping to be thrown a bone (or kernel to be specific).

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
firedog7881 said:
Does anybody know if JT is even working on a GB voodoo kernel?
Not that I'm aware of and considering he's developing CM7 for a number of devices I doubt he plans on it anytime soon, if at all. Obviously, I can't speak for him though.

·
Supporting Member
81 Posts
Saw JT posted and for a brief moment thought we had our voodoo back, but no joy. Patience is a virtue or so they say, glad to hear people are on it though.

·
Android Beginner
36 Posts
I'm very thankful our phones get any attention by these talented folks. Personally, I think it's great we have as many choices as we have

A) Very nice Voodoo'd Froyo ROMs (still remember the first time I got myself the Voodoo it was like upgrading)
Just no Gingerbread (and no future updates)

B) MTD CM7/MIUI/AOSP Roms
Fast, lean and mean - just with a few missing features and minor bugs
Impressive and flexible - only thing missing is some bug squashing

C) TW Gingerbread ROMS
No frills no thrills - stock performance, but stuff works. Only missing the voodoo to be fantastic.

At this point I'm most interested in B and just jumped back to PWGB as I was getting a bit obsessive in trying new kernels, releases and configurations. Very excited that Pool Party may get the TW camera working. I think that would be my perfect and ultimate ROM. As soon as I hear things are working smooth I'll be very motivated to give it a go. I only wish I had the skills to be on the other side of the screen, but for now I'll play my role as the whiny fan-boy who can't be happy with the juicy steak I'm being served.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts