Android OS Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine
2,243 Posts
BMc08GT said:
You have to big of a gap between your min of 350 and 800. you need to step it up more with one in between(eg. 350 675 850 1.2, or even 350 700 900 1.2). The influx of processor speed from the low speed of 350 to 800 is what is causing the crash, I believe....

EDIT: you could even try ryan's setup a few posts up
From what I understand of how the ondemand governor works is that when the system detects a load level high enough to trigger a scale up, the system immediately jumps to the highest frequency bypassing everything else in between and then scales it back down as needed. This would make the large gap jump not an issue as the "influx of processor speed" would be even bigger when the cpu first scales to max. Likely there is another issue causing the crash. One way to test is just use the slider to set your minimum speed to the 800 so that you only have 3 slots in use. Then perform your tests. If it fails, it is another problem, likely voltage. If it works, change the slider to just use the two lowest slots of 350 and 800 and retest. If that fails, then a smaller gap is the issue. If that works also, then your issue is likely another speed/voltage combo. Just set the cpu to use just one slot and test on each slot to see if any one fails.

·
Android Beginner
74 Posts
I use QuickClock and have been using CM7 since nightly 19 each time the new one comes out I've been updating. My top end seems to fluctuate between 1250 and 1450. However I have it topping out at 1000 so really doesn't matter to much I guess.

300 -- 18
600 -- 33
800 -- 42
1000 -- 52

I've noticed a littlle boost in the batter but still far from being "good" in my opinion. I'll tough it out but I hate having to charge my phone mid day. :(

·
Android Lover
439 Posts
To the OP's point about the blur camera, you know the widescreen mode is just a digital crop done in camera, right? You can achieve the same effect with any photo editing app on the market, ie: photoshop express, picsay pro, etc.

·
The Sauce Boss
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
jonwgee said:
To the OP's point about the blur camera, you know the widescreen mode is just a digital crop done in camera, right? You can achieve the same effect with any photo editing app on the market, ie: photoshop express, picsay pro, etc.
I don't want the crop. I like the widescreen picture. AOSP does not offer this option. I mean I can live without it, but its just something I liked.

·
Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine
2,243 Posts
berto1014 said:
I don't want the crop. I like the widescreen picture. AOSP does not offer this option. I mean I can live without it, but its just something I liked.
The widescreen picture is the crop. The blur camera takes the 8MP image and crops it to 3264x1840. The AOSP camera does not crop it, so you get 3264x2448. You are actually getting more of your image with the AOSP camera.

·
The Sauce Boss
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
abqnm said:
The widescreen picture is the crop. The blur camera takes the 8MP image and crops it to 3264x1840. The AOSP camera does not crop it, so you get 3264x2448. You are actually getting more of your image with the AOSP camera.
No way, haha I didn't even know that. Thanks for the info!

·
Android Lover
179 Posts
I've never been able to run as low voltage as everyone here has been posting. My processor won't handle it without instability. Just an fyi that trial and error is required to find what's best for your phone.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.