Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Hoping someone out thier can Help me. I have a Evo 4G and tried using Revolutionary to S-Off. Unfortunatly I Get stuck on "Waiting for Device..." I made sure phone connects to cpu with charge only and Debugging on, Three Different usb cords, Disabled Firewalls, Downloaded Revolutionary several Times, Used one other cpu, and removed battery and still Nothing all with the same Result of "Waiting for Device..." Im at a dead end. Can anyone help?

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im using Windows. .. Yes Ive reviewed many tutorials but Get stuck on "Waiting For Device..." When I run revolutionary.

·
Android Beginner
29 Posts
Honestly loading drivers is part of the tutorial and so many people skip that part which makes little sense to me. Not saying thats the OP's issue but I see so many problems posted about rooting and usually or rather always user error. We got to do better in understanding and following the directions of an OP. Now I will say this I did have one machine not recognize the phone drivers no matter what we did so we had to use another machine. About the only error I have seen.

Hey I have helped quite a few OTA with rooting if anyone needs a hand just PM me...

Also I know they say to re-download the drivers and the revolutionary zip file if it fails the first time but I have used the same zip different machines and root without an issue.... Incase any one was wondering.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive downloaded multiple times and still nothing. I also used other cpu and still nothing. I also tried pdanet and mult usb cords and ports. I see were my cpu and phone connect but still cont Getting the waiting for device... I also tried running while on Fastboot thru hboot... but unfortunalty still nothing :(

·
Android Beginner
29 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Ive downloaded multiple times and still nothing. I also used other cpu and still nothing. I also tried pdanet and mult usb cords and ports. I see were my cpu and phone connect but still cont Getting the waiting for device... I also tried running while on Fastboot thru hboot... but unfortunalty still nothing :(
PM me and I will try and help you if you still have not successfully rooted

·
Banned
133 Posts
The main issue ran into on this issue is user will download the android SDK, htc sync, and other units root exploit.

There's the issue.

ADB.exe is running multiable processes.

If Adb is running more than 1 time. You will need to right click the task bar and pull up you task manager.

If adb IS running more than once, close all of the adb.exe processes excrpt one.

Once done, revolutionary should continue as normal.

Or kill all adb.exes BEFORE running it.

Hope this helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts