Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Be more specific, a cherry pick will just grab the changes from a commit and tries to apply them to yours...

·
Developer
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
"iceandfire said:
The full aosp source into eclipse? :eek:

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
Yep :). It can handle it ok. Just takes a while to rebuild sometimes.

Also be sure to follow those instructions exactly. They work just the same for CM7.

Sent from my LG-P999 using RootzWiki Forums

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Are you building the AOSP ROM from source? If not, then that article may not be relevant to you...

Otherwise, it just says to run make so all the proper R(esource) files will be generated and so eclipse won't show any errors

·
Developer
83 Posts
One of the things you have to remember is that just because you cherry pick one commit into something like f/b, you might need support commits into settings apk, or something like that.
Also, did the cherrypick cleanly merge in? Sometimes whitespace will cause issues, and if you had to edit the file to make the code merge you may have missed something.

In all what I am trying to say, is that cherrypick may have gone south, and it could be something left over bad not letting you compile. (for instance a missing } or ; ) So if you can pastebin the error we can figure out more.
Lastly you have to remember that some of those commits may have been since changed in the actual repo to work better with newer updates etc. It helps to look at the history of one or all of the files you are editing for the ever so important "Fix build break" commit.

·
Developer
83 Posts
There are some great tools online for learning git. google "git cheat sheet" that will help for starters
you can also at anytime git help <command> for a manual entry on how to use that feature.

·
Just here for teh bewbs
846 Posts
slayher said:
There are some great tools online for learning git. google "git cheat sheet" that will help for starters
you can also at anytime git help <command> for a manual entry on how to use that feature.
i have that site bookmarked haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts