Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Droid Nation Podcast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WebOS on Galaxy Nexus?
Would like to see WebOS on Galaxy Nexus?
Yes4974.24%
No1725.76%
Which Rom Developer to code WebOS onto Galaxy Nexus?
Roman4118.98%
craigacgomez73.24%
travp62473.24%
liquid0624188.33%
codenamedroid167.41%
xoomdev146.48%
00McD0083.70%
Kejar31115.09%
HeyItsLou94.17%
winner00104.63%
pete146.48%
fitsnugly104.63%
leeech73.24%
Fabolous104.63%
DroidVicious125.56%
mike198683.70%
MyComputerDoctor62.78%
Sankes83.70%

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would try it out for sure but it probably wouldn't be my daily driver. It'll for sure be interesting to see though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Average Android
143 Posts
im definitely interested, used to have a palm pre and loved the software but just not enough app development on the platform. it might be nice to dual boot with ics.

·
I solve problems
1,213 Posts
If there is one thing that web is does right, it's multi tasking. Could be cool :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
If it were somehow able to be ported, it would probably (and sadly) turn into a drama fest by those that don't understand webos ≠ android os because

1) "zomggg i dont have LTE whyyy????" (because there are no drivers for it and their RIL doesn't support it, duh)
2) "wuttt?? there's no apps for webos!!!" (for proof of such complaining, just have a look at the touchpad forum) (this is also not my personal opinion, just the opinion of the complainers).
3) "My favorite app isn't on webos I hate itttt!"

I like webos (and own 2 touchpads), but in my experience, most on Android users on the forums that tried it, either like it for about a day or two and then they're bored with it and a small minority take it to the forums to complain (making them seem like a majority). Heck, it only took up like 600mb on the touchpad and yet there were people that wanted to remove it completely, despite cyanogen saying they should keep it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
yuck, webOS is not designed for (relatively to overall PC power) slow hardware..
Maybe on a dual core a15 id like webOS..even then... just, why..

·
Nexus 5
1,833 Posts
I bought a palm pre for my dad awhile ago. After trying to set it up, I promptly returned it for an Android. I would rather have iOS or WinMo than WebOS.

Swyped from my GNex

·
Registered
35 Posts
it would make more sense to port the "cards" interface and add nav bar swipe gestures to android

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
My first smartphone was a Palm Pixi Plus. WebOS was great for a first OS, but now that I'm using Android, which offers so much more, I can't see any reason to go back to WebOS except as a novelty.

It's like putting training wheels back on after you've learned how to ride a bike.

·
Nexus 5
1,833 Posts
I'm thinking this poll is wrong... Why can't I vote 'no' ? Yesterday & today I get an 'oops something went wrong'. Anyone else get this?

·
Mr Click Click Derk
812 Posts
I'm thinking this poll is wrong... Why can't I vote 'no' ? Yesterday & today I get an 'oops something went wrong'. Anyone else get this?
Yep, I think even if you vote "No" you have to select a developer from the bottom still.

EDIT: Yep, just tested it, and that is the case.

·
Enthusiast, supporter ...complete jackass.
140 Posts
_jt1134_

He's not in the list....for the love of the 'corn, why??!?!

He almost single-handedly got AOSP on the Fascinate by coding his own RIL. He could probably port WebOS 1.0 (released today in all its.....glory) in his sleep.

If he like, ya know, actually wanted to...and stuff.

Yes, I realize now that I raised this post from the dead...but they released WebOS 1.0 today (http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/28/3424270/open-webos-reaches-version-1-0) so at least it is relevant...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts