Android OS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Average Android
157 Posts
sorry but no.
Considering what Amazon has done with the Kindle Fire, they're not going to go webos. It would be a painfully stupid move to release their first tablet based off android then go webos.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with you, but the article does make some great points.

If they are taking parts of the webos system, they could integrate some of the apps from HP, along with the apps from android
and help them expand in the tablet field.

I'm not saying they are going to make future Touchpads, that ship has sailed, but it could keep the system alive if they chose to keep all of us as customers.
Might be smart business if they are going to grab webos for cheap. There has been a ton of Touchpads sold now that they had the firesale, and why
not bring those people on board.

just a thought.

·
Average Android
157 Posts
there is also the note that how much amazon has currently invested in android with opening their app store and offering free apps every day. It seems that they're pretty invested in android at the moment. Logically it seems silly to go into a new investment with another OS when they have just took off with branding themselves to be working on Android.
Atleast from my perspective it seems like a waste and amazon has been doing much more smart moves than HP has so it seems HPish to jump the gun on WebOS. but that's just something to think about. I wouldn't invest in a new OS when I spent the last half year working on a current one. I'd be too deep in on the other OS as well as noticing that the current OS is still growing in popularity and support. but that's just my 2c.

·
Thriller
481 Posts
I'd like to see where this goes, although I don't want to see WebOS just become some platform for Amazon to sell us their services.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts