Android OS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, what carrier and what plan are you currently using? What's it like with x carrier? Value, horrible and you're stuck with them because they have the phone you want? Share your thoughts here, but keep it on track please, and follow the forum rules.

Also, because this is the 'Other' section of Carriers, please consider it international carriers rather than US based ones (I imagine MetroPCS or Virgin Mobile US etc could go under Sprint for example).

I will start off :)
I am currently with amaysim, on a prepaid setup where I pay just under $40 a month for unlimited calls, texts, mms and 4GB of data plus unlimited social networking. This is by far the best plan I have found, especially for Australia, a place typical of rip off monopoly carriers (Telstra if you live here).
In the past I was with Virgin Mobile Au on prepaid with their limited time offer of $19 for unlimited texts, and $50 for everything else plus 1GB of data. I switched when that finished :p

Your turn!

Sent from my Nexus S using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
DiGi, on a postpaid plan , it's called Smartplan.

23USD (68MYR) for 3GB "unlimited" data.

Text @ 0.03 USD (0.10MYR) Voice and vid @ 0.05USD (0.15MYR)

Best data rates around. And no effing tiered data!

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"awg_ilyas said:
DiGi, on a postpaid plan , it's called Smartplan.

23USD (68MYR) for 3GB "unlimited" data.

Text @ 0.03 USD (0.10MYR) Voice and vid @ 0.05USD (0.15MYR)

Best data rates around. And no effing tiered data!
Sounds decent! I feel sorry for all those who have to put up with 'unlimited' data only to have 2gb of data followed by slower speeds to 5gb or whatever. And for heaps of money too! I much rather say my 4gb allowance for full speeds at only $40 with loads of other stuff too.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
au$44/mo Virgin Mobile
1GB data.
AU$39 of calls.
unlimited texts.

Smart Cap 39, with $5 for the phone (galaxy s i9000).

Can't really complain, been pretty good, unused call credits roll over to the next month, been having data issues though which nobody seems to understand why.

$89/mo Optus.
10-20GB data (depending when usage is)
$0.22 per SMS
No calls, period.

$59 connect cap $30 for device (galaxy tab 7")

This one has been great, a little on the expensive side, but thats because we opted 12 month rather than 24 month for the contract. data has been amazing, even rivalling Telstras' coverage, had coverage in spots Telstra didn't on my last holiday where we drove from Melbourne to Merimbula. No excess data usage fees, just gets limited to within the optus network unless you buy another data block (not that I have managed to use over 5GB)

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"lilstevie said:
au$44/mo Virgin Mobile
1GB data.
AU$39 of calls.
unlimited texts.

Smart Cap 39, with $5 for the phone (galaxy s i9000).

Can't really complain, been pretty good, unused call credits roll over to the next month, been having data issues though which nobody seems to understand why.

$89/mo Optus.
10-20GB data (depending when usage is)
$0.22 per SMS
No calls, period.

$59 connect cap $30 for device (galaxy tab 7")

This one has been great, a little on the expensive side, but thats because we opted 12 month rather than 24 month for the contract. data has been amazing, even rivalling Telstras' coverage, had coverage in spots Telstra didn't on my last holiday where we drove from Melbourne to Merimbula. No excess data usage fees, just gets limited to within the optus network unless you buy another data block (not that I have managed to use over 5GB)
Virgin Mobile contracts are decent, prepaid is alright but it had been better in the past (ie when I was with them). I'm actually surprised how well the Optus network works, I was expecting crap but I travel regionally a fair bit too and it's almost always on par with my dads NextG (except 30 people towns based around a servo).

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"entropism said:
Straight Talk. $45/month for unlimited talk, text and "unlimited" web> They really cut you off at 2GB. $45/month, using AT&T's towers and "4G" speeds.
That 2gb cutoff would suck.
I am now considering switching at the end of the month to Woolworth's Mobile, $27 for 45 days of 5GB data, and a combo of $500 credit (which us for all the right networks for me).

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
US Cellular... got my Galaxy S i500(mesmerize) for $5.86 last year around October after rebate! Could actually upgrade my phone now if I didn't have the best phone they carry already....I have the "family essential plus" belief plan 2 lines with 1500 minutes and "unlimited" data capped at 5GB have actually unlimited messaging and nights and weekends starting at 7pm. Pretty decent value for two smart phones I pay $107 a month. US Cellular has unbelievably great customer service and great cell service, they are just small and regional and still don't have top of the line phones...but since I get a 25% discount it's really hard to switch and have to pay out my a$$...

·
Android Apprentice
12 Posts
Verizon, 900 Min / unlimited data.
Droid 1
Droid X
Droid X2
Bionic
Thats my 4 phones I have, But I think my DX2 is my favorite, cause I loved my DX so much!

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Hey all, Here looking for info on rooting my samsung showcase for my carrier, "Element Mobile". Element Mobile took altell customers in central WI and verison took customers in southern WI after Altell went under or what ever happened to them. The switch over was quite a mess for them and nothing went smooth but in the end very happy, we are now saving about $35/month from altell same plan, unlimited text/data and 500min a month talk which we have never gone over was 160.00/month now 120.00/month 2phones. Not to savy with all the droid/cell phone tech but do seem to catch on pretty fast. Element Mobile uses cdma so i assume that any of the carriers that use the cdma is alright for rooting my phone, or would it be carrier specific.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
I am on MetroPcs $50 a month unlimited talk/message/data
Customer sevice has its moments other then that not to bad. Also they are expanding their 4g coverage.

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
i have metroPCS, $60 plan with all the Bells and Whistles. :grin2:
unlimited everything including 4G since i have a Samsung Galaxy Indulge.
can wait till i get the new LG Esteem.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i WAS on verizon with 450min, unlimited txt and data (was grandfathered in) paying $82/month. once they announced they were going to do away with unlimited data, i said bye bye. NOW i'm on StraightTalk and love it (thank you GSM GNEX) not only do i only pay $49.92/mo but i get a CRAP TON more battery life thanks to not having that damn LTE chip.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
I am on USCC with the best of the family belief plans from the original issue. I have a GSII(which I am bummed cuz I am finding not much support for this here) and a Mez which I turned into an androidpod.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i WAS on verizon with 450min, unlimited txt and data (was grandfathered in) paying $82/month. once they announced they were going to do away with unlimited data, i said bye bye. NOW i'm on StraightTalk and love it (thank you GSM GNEX) not only do i only pay $49.92/mo but i get a CRAP TON more battery life thanks to not having that damn LTE chip.
I'm currently on Verizon, couldn't give you specifics since its not my plan, it's my parents. I do know we have the general bells and whistles, I made sure I got unlimited data that's all that mattered to me. Now that I have work again though I'm ready to be done with that. This post right here is my plan. See what new Nexus comes out between now and next summer when the contract ends, then on to StraitTalk I go! My parents can do whatever works best for them when the time comes, but this looks best for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm with C Spire Wireless, I pay about $147.00 a month for two Smartphones with Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Text and Unlimited Data. I was on Nextel/Sprint before and C Spire Wireless (Cellular South at the time I switched) has better coverage and I don't have all the dropped calls I had with Nextel/Sprint. C Spire Wireless doesn't have any stores where I am and that is what sucks. I have to drive almost 2 hours away to go to a store.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts