Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Android Beginner
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I REALLY the Galaxy Nexus so far. I DOES seem a little slippery and smooth ....
so much that I'm scared I may drop it.

How about a case discussion?

What case are you using or what have you ordered?
My sister had an Otterbox defender on her Galaxy S II and it seemed too big ...(monsterous really).

I generally carry mine in the little cargo pocket on my Carhartt pants so want something a little grippy but not so much I can't extract it from the pocket (no gels). I don't care about kickstands, or gimmicks....just want something that won't fall in pieces (like a snap case tends to do) but will protect it if I drop it, while providing a little more traction for my hands.

ZS

·
su
2,292 Posts
Take a look at TPU cases, sounds right up your alley. In the process of choosing one as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Droid Nerd Extraordinaire
1,254 Posts
I got the incipio case at Verizon store. It fits with the extended battery with a tiny space between the hard shell and rubber liner but barely notable. Looks and feels great and doesn't add much to the size of the phone.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I also have an eye on his thread as well seeing as I have an extended battery and am looking for a case as well

·
Android Beginner
50 Posts
+1 to the dual layer Incipio case. Wayyyy better quality than I was expecting. Solid protection, great fit. Going to get a Seidio Active when more colors come out, though.

Rabble rabble rabble.

·
Android Addict
756 Posts
looking to this thread also been looking at tpu cases want a white one for some reason seen a TON on ebay for sub 5$ think i might go that route just not sure if i want gel too hard to get out of pocket :/

·
Registered
193 Posts
I got the incipio case at Verizon store. It fits with the extended battery with a tiny space between the hard shell and rubber liner but barely notable. Looks and feels great and doesn't add much to the size of the phone.
Is it easy for it to snap off if drops on the floor?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went with the otter box defender. I move around a lot at work and need some serious protection. It's bulky, but I don't really give a crap. It's a very snug fit. When not at work I take it off and run naked.

·
Android Dude
394 Posts
I'm gettin my G-Nex Friday!! Yeah me! But I've only used tpu cases and they work fine for me. I'm a delivery driver, so I use my phone a lot, GPS, text, phone calls, in and out of the truck, etc. Dropped my tbolt first day I had it. Had the tpu case on it. Not a scratch. I'm sticking with tpu.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Android Lover
365 Posts
Ordered a Casemate...using the GEL one from Verizon ($19.99). Will order the Seidio when Blue is available...I'm a case whore.

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
Got the silicone case from verizon, 18 dollars with discount. Too expensive, but fits well, and has cut outs for all the buttons and ports. Downside is that it is a little too thick... But the feel of the case is really great.

Also got an S-Line case from eBay, 7 dollars and free shipping. the case is a stiffer material, doesn't have cutouts for any buttons (bad), and is noticeably thinner (good). If the S-Line had button cutouts, it would be perfect for me. I'm thinking about doing some surgery on it...

·
Average Android
228 Posts
Got the silicone case from verizon, 18 dollars with discount. Too expensive, but fits well, and has cut outs for all the buttons and ports. Downside is that it is a little too thick... But the feel of the case is really great.

Also got an S-Line case from eBay, 7 dollars and free shipping. the case is a stiffer material, doesn't have cutouts for any buttons (bad), and is noticeably thinner (good). If the S-Line had button cutouts, it would be perfect for me. I'm thinking about doing some surgery on it...

I've heard a lot about the S-Line. Can someone post a picture of their Nexus in an S-Line case?

·
Mr Click Click Derk
812 Posts
I went with the otter box defender. I move around a lot at work and need some serious protection. It's bulky, but I don't really give a crap. It's a very snug fit. When not at work I take it off and run naked.

I got the Otterbox Commuter case. FYI it fits with the extended battery from VZW, it's snug but works. I've always loved their cases. Like you, the added bulk doesn't bother me at all.

·
Banned
722 Posts
I'm using the silicone case from verizon, it's definitely a keeper.
I got that case free when I bought it, not a fan. It's really loose on the phone and slips off easily.

As for the op, are you wearing Carhartts for work? If so the defender might be a good choice. It comes with a holster so you can stick it on your belt too.

·
Android Aficionado
412 Posts
Rocking a black S-Line TPU case off Amazon. Fits well with extended battery. The back is part matte, so not too slippery or sticky, and the sides have checkering for positive gripping.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts