Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Amazing Elite Recognized Developer
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the thread title says, those of you who own the phone - What do you think?

How is the real world battery life?

·
Super Amazing Elite Recognized Developer
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
greenblattsam said:
If they can achieve S-Off or HTC does for them, then this is a winner.
That's what I'm thinking...its a sleek phone. Dare I say the sleekest HTC phone?

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
my friend has one, its a quick phone and I can't wait to see the goods to come!

·
Master Xploder
92 Posts
Looks well built and fast
so who knows how this bad boy can turn out hopefully not a total dud like the Inc2 hopefully they get perma root soon.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Only 12 Hours? I was looking to get this, but I wish the battery life was longer. Were you doing an intensive tasks, or was this normal day-to-day use?

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
The 12 hrs included a couple hours of phone calls, about 80 texts, multiple tweets, about 45 minutes of games, and had 2 Twitter accounts, weather, gmail, and facebook refreshing regularly. Yesterday with minimal use I got 16 hrs with about 30% battery left when I went to bed. Battery life is good on this phone.

·
Developer
6 Posts
Im hoping to get this phone soon, Cliq is getting old at least it has CM7

·
Android Apprentice
38 Posts
Are any devs working on this phone? I want one but I can't handle sense. I was gonna get a g2x but Tmo can't keep them in stock so it looks like this is the next best option. Am I right?

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
I've heard the G2x sucks. The T-mobile rep at my local store said it was a piece of crap and that they wished they had just waited on the Sensation.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
I have had the sensation for about 4 days and I can say it is my favorite android device. sense 3.0 is actually quite good
. I had the g2x before this phone and I can say that this phone is MUCH better. the battery life is much much better and it doesn't have random reboots like the g2x had. also the gps works great! that was a biggy for me since the g2x had random gps issues. once this phones bootloader is unlocked this phone will be amazing! i've had over 14 different android phones and i have to say that i like the sense skin on this better than stock! i know shocker! lol

·
Android Apprentice
38 Posts
Hmmmm. That is very interesting. Mine should be here Tuesday so we'll see if I agree with you about the new sense. Hopefully we wont have to wait long for the bootloader to be unlocked.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
Yea i'm really looking forward to some custom sense roms so we can get even faster speed, better battery, and more free memory. I'm just glad that HTC is going to be unlocking the bootloader!

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
crashbang said:
Well if it sucks why can't they keep it in stock? Seemed to run very well to me. Did they say why it sucked?
I can tell you why they suck.. Constant reboots, lockups, freezes requiring battery to be pulled. This happens with Stock ROM, custom ROM, custom Kernel, Stock Kernel.

I went through 4 of them in a month and each one had the same problem, even with nothing installed on it other than what it shipped with... Yeah - it sucks that bad. And a LOT of people are having the same problems.

·
Android Apprentice
38 Posts
jwhipple said:
I can tell you why they suck.. Constant reboots, lockups, freezes requiring battery to be pulled. This happens with Stock ROM, custom ROM, custom Kernel, Stock Kernel.

I went through 4 of them in a month and each one had the same problem, even with nothing installed on it other than what it shipped with... Yeah - it sucks that bad. And a LOT of people are having the same problems.
Well maybe that is why they can't keep them in stock. I hope I'm pleased with the sensation. Can't wait to get it and see if it gets the kind of development the evo and thunderbolt have been getting. I will be upset if this turns out to be ignored by devs.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I'd like to confirm, it lasts about 12 to 13 hours for me. Really love this phone.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
I found that just turning off the htc sync helps battery tremendously! Standby drain is waaayy better than before. I would say atleast 3 to 5 hours extra from early results.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts