Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, title might be a little misleading, so let me explain. Parents got me a brand new Galaxy Tab 10.1. I love it so far. Its fast, plenty of storage for me (32 GB) and i like being able to use it for movies and games etc like my phone but ok, with it running honeycomb, im guessing CM7 etc is out of the question so whats the point in rooting this? What can I do rooted that I can't normally do, since I dont see different themes, etc. :S

Just thought I'd ask.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Remove bloatware. Push custom system apps. Mod build.props to you liking. Remove bootanimation for superfast boot times. Over clock. Under volt... this list goes on literally till YOU run out of smarts

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool... i guess i never really thought about bloatware. theres not a whole lot of bloat on it tho. somewhat impressed by that....

·
Average Android
169 Posts
Guess I misread that. I thought locked bootloader would stop custom kernels.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
The overclocking on locked bootloaders is possible but not as complete but undervolting can. Be done one the rom side from source anyways via power_profiles.xml also search the /system for a cpu0 folder somewhere you ... you may find moddable cpu frequencies

Not n00b stuff but doable with root ;)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
79 Posts
Brett6781 said:
IMO overclocking a dualcore Exynos is like adding a leaf blower engine to a formula 1 race car. It's just not needed.

Also, the biggest reason I would root is just to use adfree android.

-Brought to you with limited commercial interruption by tapatalk pro
But if you stick the air outlet to the air intake you've macgyvered yourself a supercharger... haha you got trolled.
Kidding aside id love to get my hands on a tab just to teak with it. Overclocking is and root is possible with a locked bootloader but you can't flash any unsigned code to it was my understanding of it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
coggy9 said:
Guess I misread that. I thought locked bootloader would stop custom kernels.
No sir, thats not a Droid X situation lol. Locked bootloaders with an EFUSE will stop custom kernels. That's a motorola security thing tho...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts