Android OS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my dinc the highest kernel i could find is 1.113... i saw posts about a 1.2 and 1.3 but the site is down still so im just wondering.. what are you running? my 1.113 is alot better than the stock 998 mhz but still... if i could get to 1.2 id be happy as hell lol... so... what kernel are you using?

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
The fastest speed you can have and still have a stable ROM is 1.113 Ghz. If you can clock any more, and there are older versions of incredikernel that support this, you will find that your ROM is not stable. DINC is stable at no more than 1.113 GHZ.

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
I disagree. I believe the specific CPU in the phone determines your ceiling. I ran at 1.2 on my incredible with skyraider 3.5 and 4.0 with zero issues.

·
Average Android
88 Posts
EFoxwell said:
I disagree. I believe the specific CPU in the phone determines your ceiling. I ran at 1.2 on my incredible with skyraider 3.5 and 4.0 with zero issues.
Correct. Each CPU is different and stable at different speeds/voltages.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Kernel Dev
897 Posts
christos said:
I second that emotion....
This.

When I had my dinc back in the day, it wouldn't go over 1.2 ghz. Then, when I got my replacement dinc, it would be really sluggish at 1.2.

Now, my first, second, and now third Tbolt were all able to reach 1.8 with no prob.

·
Resident Incredible Forum's Troll
195 Posts
1.19 here. any higher and i boot loop.

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
I've gone as high as 1242MHz, or whatever was just below 1267MHz in Tiamat. If I go beyond it, instant reboot. I used to run my Incredible at 1152MHz max all the time. Never had an issue, not even an overheat or a situation where I noticed it was hotter than normal.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've gone as high as 1242MHz, or whatever was just below 1267MHz in Tiamat. If I go beyond it, instant reboot. I used to run my Incredible at 1152MHz max all the time. Never had an issue, not even an overheat or a situation where I noticed it was hotter than normal.
Wouldn't this cause your battery to run shorter than normal? Just wondering

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
Wouldn't this cause your battery to run shorter than normal? Just wondering
It probably did, but tbh I simply don't remember. I run it at 806MHz now.

·
Android Beginner
25 Posts
1.19 is as high as I can go without issue. I can run at 1.22 but it freezes up when it has to deal with lots of graphics. This is on a kang of the incredikernel I built. Still haven't tried Tiamat, but I doubt it will be much different.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I was using my dinc, with CM7 and tiamat, 1152 was the highest I could run (stable). The last 3 months I used it, my range was 768 (?) to 1152 smarta$$. Best performance I ever had with my dinc. Battery life included. I was flashing nightlies twice a week (except when they were hacked). I just upgraded 11/14. Don't know if my experience was due to CM7, tiamat or both.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts