Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd get some stuff moving here in our Nexus S section :) so, what ROM are you running right now? Give us your experiences with it, would you recommend it to others, anything like that. Feel free to post a link to the thread too, maybe even encourage the developers to create a thread over here at RW if they haven't already

Sent from my Nexus S

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I am running Oxygen by AdamG right now for testing purposes, along with Netarchy 1.3.5

Nice rom, very fast and small in size, also has enough mods and tweaks to be useful without slowing stuff down.
Adam is a nice and helpful guy too.

Rom thread is over at XDA under Nexus S Android Development

Sent from my Nexus S

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mikeyinid said:
Ran his roms on OG droid and it was the best froyo ROM in my opinion. Nexus rom is probaly awesome too, although I dont think he actually owns one.
Yeah he doesn't own one I'm pretty sure, I think he originally made it for a friend as a one off but then made another version or something.

Sent from my Nexus S

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OrphansCode said:
I'm actually running LiquidNexusBread v2.1 rom it's fast an amazing i have it running with trinity kernel.But on a backup i have i am running HtcClay's SuperCM7Nexu S rom its fast as well and battery on that rom lasts me a day and 4 hours.That's with me using texts,mms,internet,music,twitter and more. I am going to flash a rom made a while back in the next hours to see how i did. :)
Thanks for sharing, to be honest I've never tried either of those roms myself. Maybe I will have to one time!

Sent from my Nexus S

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Paul77 said:
I've always used miuiandroid, MarkH & Co do a great job.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
Never tried the .us varient myself but I can agree with you about MIUI android. Sad really that the split happened, not sure who was right or wrong but as an android community I think we shouldn't be turning against each other.

Sent from my Nexus S

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
"bnitty said:
S4G owner here. running CM7, previously ran KingsROM until he went back to Evo. haven't really tried many ROMs, but th 2 i've tried i've liked. i actually loved KingsROM, but i love the theming ability of CM7. currently have the Forbidden theme & it's great
Are there many aosp roms for the 4G? Or have some stayed away due to the extras involved in getting it to work?
Also, has that 2.3.5 update hit as stock yet? I haven't been keeping up lately, holidays are better :)

Sent from my Nexus S using RootzWiki Forums

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
"HpX said:
I use latest Oxygen with the latest Trinity -TUV11, smoth and battery efficient. I also like Liquid Nexusbread, but no Norwegian language.
Trinity is one damn good kernel series. Morfic knows his stuff, and isn't afraid to push the limits.
I myself am running the latest test UV11 with MIUI 1.7.15 to try out the UI evolution.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
"9xnine said:
I need help here. I use a vibrant but I just got my girl a Nexus S......finally pried that F'n iPhone out of her hands. I put CM 7.0.3 Stable on there with netarchy 1.3.4 and it freezes occasionally and she hates the bland Nexus S messaging. Stability and appearance is higher priority than speed. What do you guys think?
For appearance, particularly if she finds stock Android bland, try MIUI Android (or MIUI US) as they both offer English translations of the Chinese overhauled rom MIUI. It will also feel at home for her, with elements of iOS there and it is much more polished (including the messaging app). If you want stability, use the RC versions (not the weekly betas). I use MIUI Android myself, and I think their stable is 2.3.4a or something, but I use the weeklies. Keep the stock kernel, or maybe try Jame Bond for CM7/MIUI/Any for stability. Also note that MIUI Android offers deodexed Chinese versions, so you must flash the miuiandroid-ns_1.7.22.zip (or similar) first, then the ENPACK one (English pack or something).

That's about it for appearance, stability only I recommend Oxygen by Adam Green except its very much stock looks. I highly recommend you let her try MIUI though. Remember to wipe everything before switching roms, I'm sure you know about that. If needed use Titanium Backup to save your apps (seeing as you're already on CM7) and then restore them in MIUI, just remember only backup and restore user apps, not system.

Good luck, just ask here if you need more help :)

Edit: Damn, beaten to it ;) can't type fast on my Nexus :p

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
"Paul77 said:
That'll be that one finger typing letting you down again ;-)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
Its actually two thumb typing ;) I just have issues with my custom auto correct list not working right now (and it has learnt some bad habbits from past mistakes).

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
"DaX05 said:
I'm currently using SuperAosp 8.2-AW rom with Netarchy 1.3.8 bfs and proton voltage app. Great rom!

Now do you have an ETA on inf1nity 2 ??

Has there been any update for SuperAOSP in a while? I swear its been on 8.6 or 8.2 (whatever is the latest) for ages. Is Superatmel working on a new version much like me? And no ETA, also check out the infinity thread, it may be a page back, there's some info on names and stuff you may like to read ;)

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
"DaX05 said:
Yeah he has told me over twitter that it will be called SuperOSR.

He didn't give an ETA but did say "very soon".

I'm really loving the small sneak peak that you have shown us. Are you almost finished or is it a long way out?

Any idea what OSR means? Operating System Remix as a guess? Lol
As for when it will be ready, I am hoping to have an early version of Carbon (the new name) out today or tomorrow based on the test versions of infinity2 depending on when I get my build server back up and running.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
"DaX05 said:
SuperOSR (Super Open Source Rom) developed entirely from the source of Google and very little of Cyanogen's framework.

Ah, makes sense. Sounds exactly like what was said about SuperAOSP which was just about all CM. Anyway, hope it goes well for him.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
bl1nk said:
I am running the IceCreamSandwich developer preview 2.
Nah, just Oxygen 2.3.1, because it is almost aosp with some tweaks. And that is just how I like it.
On top of that derkernel.com, also known as Trinity (TEUV).
trololol lol? That would be sweet if you were though, I just want the ICS source drop to happen soon!

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Well, I'm now running the stock ICS 4.0.3 which came via an OTA (although I cheated and downloaded manually). I highly recommend this, sure quadrant scores are low but it is smoother and more stable than all the beta ICS roms build before this official release. I'm sure that scene will change soon.

Just some advice moving on to ICS. I highly recommend that you do the official OTA update package or apply the new radio and bootloader manually (which is trickier). ICS is a major jump and lots of core stuff has changed, so using the newest and correct radio and bootloader will probably stop issues from arising.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.