Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Paul77 said:
I've always used miuiandroid, MarkH & Co do a great job.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
Never tried the .us varient myself but I can agree with you about MIUI android. Sad really that the split happened, not sure who was right or wrong but as an android community I think we shouldn't be turning against each other.

Sent from my Nexus S

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
"bnitty said:
S4G owner here. running CM7, previously ran KingsROM until he went back to Evo. haven't really tried many ROMs, but th 2 i've tried i've liked. i actually loved KingsROM, but i love the theming ability of CM7. currently have the Forbidden theme & it's great
Are there many aosp roms for the 4G? Or have some stayed away due to the extras involved in getting it to work?
Also, has that 2.3.5 update hit as stock yet? I haven't been keeping up lately, holidays are better :)

Sent from my Nexus S using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
I use latest Oxygen with the latest Trinity -TUV11, smoth and battery efficient. I also like Liquid Nexusbread, but no Norwegian language.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
"HpX said:
I use latest Oxygen with the latest Trinity -TUV11, smoth and battery efficient. I also like Liquid Nexusbread, but no Norwegian language.
Trinity is one damn good kernel series. Morfic knows his stuff, and isn't afraid to push the limits.
I myself am running the latest test UV11 with MIUI 1.7.15 to try out the UI evolution.

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
"Jonathon Grigg said:
Are there many aosp roms for the 4G? Or have some stayed away due to the extras involved in getting it to work?
Also, has that 2.3.5 update hit as stock yet? I haven't been keeping up lately, holidays are better :)

there's 3 that I know of. Miui, Savage-Zen, & OpenSoju.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
I've been using either Oxygen 2.1.6 or infinity 1.3 as my daily drivers for a litte bit now. Just switched back to CM7 nightlies to see how they are going. Also been playing around with several kernels but netarchy 1.3.4 cfs and Matrix 4.5 cfs are my go to ones

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
I need help here. I use a vibrant but I just got my girl a Nexus S......finally pried that F'n iPhone out of her hands. I put CM 7.0.3 Stable on there with netarchy 1.3.4 and it freezes occasionally and she hates the bland Nexus S messaging. Stability and appearance is higher priority than speed. What do you guys think?

·
Android Apprentice
42 Posts
9xnine said:
I need help here. I use a vibrant but I just got my girl a Nexus S......finally pried that F'n iPhone out of her hands. I put CM 7.0.3 Stable on there with netarchy 1.3.4 and it freezes occasionally and she hates the bland Nexus S messaging. Stability and appearance is higher priority than speed. What do you guys think?
It sounds like miui would be a good choice for her:

http://miuiandroid.com/roms/miui-development-roms/

There's enough eye candy to turn an iPhone fan girl native :)

Wipe, flash the rom, flash the language pack. Leave the kernel for now and see how you get on.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 99 Posts