Android OS Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
My i9020T running Carbon-CO2 1.1 + franco.kernel 3nov. Stability and battery life is very good compared to stock ROM and Brainmaster's MIUI with Trinity 1.1Ghz kernel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm nadroiding back and forth from CM 7 Nightly 259 with Pete Alfonso's Kernel to Koushs CM9 alphas and EuroSkanks kangs of Koushs CM 9 alphas. ICS is fun to play with but not yet as fast & stable as CM7, which is to be expected but i have to say that for Koush's builds to still be in alpha status they're awesome..

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Well, I'm now running the stock ICS 4.0.3 which came via an OTA (although I cheated and downloaded manually). I highly recommend this, sure quadrant scores are low but it is smoother and more stable than all the beta ICS roms build before this official release. I'm sure that scene will change soon.

Just some advice moving on to ICS. I highly recommend that you do the official OTA update package or apply the new radio and bootloader manually (which is trickier). ICS is a major jump and lots of core stuff has changed, so using the newest and correct radio and bootloader will probably stop issues from arising.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm running Peter Alfonso's ICS nightly from 12/22 with glados v2.3 kernel. Had matr1x kernel v13 whch was also working well. I have nexus s 4g so no ota for us just yet. I'll try that as soon as it's available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My favorite gingerbread roms are oxygen and pool party.

My favorite ICS ROM is codename Android which I've been running for a couple of weeks.

My favorite kernel by far is matr1x. My phone loves it. Never had any issues with any version of it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
Shameless plug in 3...2...1 My ROM, its a combo of BB and other tweaks I have added with Red instead of the ICS Blue. You can get it here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/15443-romaosp-jesterrom-bb/ or on ROM Manager. I messed with a lot of ROMs and Kernels before I decided to dig in and make it what I wanted it to be. If I didn't like an icon or color I changed it. YMMV but I appreciate anyone taking the time to fire it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been staying with the CyberGR ROM and Air Kernel combination for a few months, now on CyberGR v14 and Air 4.4. So far it gives me better battery life and stability than any other combo, with all the features I want included and all functions I regularly use working well.

AOKP features are a must for me, but for some unknown reason I keep getting problem with GPS fix on official AOKP. That's pretty much the only reason I'm not using the official.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts