Android OS Forum banner

What ROM are you running?

25K views 98 replies 56 participants last post by  deetailed 
#1 ·
Thought I'd get some stuff moving here in our Nexus S section :) so, what ROM are you running right now? Give us your experiences with it, would you recommend it to others, anything like that. Feel free to post a link to the thread too, maybe even encourage the developers to create a thread over here at RW if they haven't already

Sent from my Nexus S

See less See more
#2 ·
Running Infinity 1.3.0 with netarchy 1.3.4 works like a charm using this as my daily driver.
Also running Miui US 1.6.24 with netarchy 1.3.4

Looking forward to Infinity2.

#3 ·
Well, I am running Oxygen by AdamG right now for testing purposes, along with Netarchy 1.3.5

Nice rom, very fast and small in size, also has enough mods and tweaks to be useful without slowing stuff down.
Adam is a nice and helpful guy too.

Rom thread is over at XDA under Nexus S Android Development

Sent from my Nexus S

#12 ·
mikeyinid said:
Ran his roms on OG droid and it was the best froyo ROM in my opinion. Nexus rom is probaly awesome too, although I dont think he actually owns one.
Yeah he doesn't own one I'm pretty sure, I think he originally made it for a friend as a one off but then made another version or something.

Sent from my Nexus S

#14 ·
I'm actually running LiquidNexusBread v2.1 rom it's fast an amazing i have it running with trinity kernel.But on a backup i have i am running HtcClay's SuperCM7Nexu S rom its fast as well and battery on that rom lasts me a day and 4 hours.That's with me using texts,mms,internet,music,twitter and more. I am going to flash a rom made a while back in the next hours to see how i did. :)

#15 ·
OrphansCode said:
I'm actually running LiquidNexusBread v2.1 rom it's fast an amazing i have it running with trinity kernel.But on a backup i have i am running HtcClay's SuperCM7Nexu S rom its fast as well and battery on that rom lasts me a day and 4 hours.That's with me using texts,mms,internet,music,twitter and more. I am going to flash a rom made a while back in the next hours to see how i did. :)
Thanks for sharing, to be honest I've never tried either of those roms myself. Maybe I will have to one time!

Sent from my Nexus S

#17 ·
I use liquid from time to time, it's overclocked slightly so there is a bit of added zip. I get the occasional reboot but nothing major.

I'm still on miui as my day to day rom, yeah the battery life is not as good as other roms but it's still a wonderful bit of work and just looks fantastic (assuming you pick the right theme). I always find it runs better with the stock kernel - I think too many people switch kernels early on without giving it a chance.

Of course I also use Infinity occasionally as well - a really solid baseline as it stands. Keep up the good work JG.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Currently I'm using Oxygen, and have been running that for quite a while now. As it stands right now, it's the best ROM available imo.

Although I have been using infinity in the past, I found it too bland for my taste. But I'm pretty sure that'll change in ^2, which indeed looks interesting. :)

#22 ·
Paul77 said:
I've always used miuiandroid, MarkH & Co do a great job.

Never tried the .us varient myself but I can agree with you about MIUI android. Sad really that the split happened, not sure who was right or wrong but as an android community I think we shouldn't be turning against each other.

Sent from my Nexus S

#25 ·
"bnitty said:
S4G owner here. running CM7, previously ran KingsROM until he went back to Evo. haven't really tried many ROMs, but th 2 i've tried i've liked. i actually loved KingsROM, but i love the theming ability of CM7. currently have the Forbidden theme & it's great
Are there many aosp roms for the 4G? Or have some stayed away due to the extras involved in getting it to work?
Also, has that 2.3.5 update hit as stock yet? I haven't been keeping up lately, holidays are better :)

Sent from my Nexus S using RootzWiki Forums

#26 ·
I use latest Oxygen with the latest Trinity -TUV11, smoth and battery efficient. I also like Liquid Nexusbread, but no Norwegian language.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.