Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when installing a new ROM i do the following; data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and format system. is there anything else i should/shouldn't wipe? thanks.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
"adam said:
when installing a new ROM i do the following; data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and format system. is there anything else i should/shouldn't wipe? thanks.
Just do a factory reset and a dalvik wipe. Cache is included in the factory wipe and system wipe can be dangerous

·
2/3 KIEF 1/3 LEAF
295 Posts
Nope. That all of it. Some people say to wipe multiple times, others say it makes no difference. Just make sure you don't accidentally wipe your sdcard in the process...that's a huge pain.

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
If you are switching to a completely different rom I recommend charging your battery till its full and make sure to do a battery stat wipe. Just to optimize your battery

·
Kernel Dev
897 Posts
When changing roms:
Just factory data reset in recovery
Dalvik/battery stats/rotate data if you want

When installing kernels:
wipe dalvik
wipe cahe if you want

You do not have to wipe multiple times....you will be wiping an EMPTY partition.

·
Average Android
116 Posts
What's dangerous about wiping /system? I do it all the time, especially when moving from one ROM to a very different ROM.

·
Average Android
116 Posts
jdkoreclipse said:
Its only dangerous if you're not flashing a rom DIRECTLY after you wipe /system.
That kinda begs the question.... What else would you do after wiping your /system???

·
Android Apprentice
72 Posts
loonatik78 said:
That kinda begs the question.... What else would you do after wiping your /system???
I always wondered what would happen if I tried booting up after a wipe.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.