Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Supporting Member
1,839 Posts
I don't understand the hype around this device, but I also don't have a lot invested into Google's ecosystem. I love using android, and have for years, and it keeps getting better and better, but unless you have the majority of your content via the Play Store, I don't think anyone will be buying these. Don't get me wrong the cool factor is def there, loving that Google had the balls to make something (read: assemble) in the USA, maybe if these flop and come down in price it could be a fun device for hacking and messing around, but I don't see this replacing anything in most homes of the modern day consumer.
This is targeted at the development community. They encouraged people to hack this thing at I/O. As it is now, yeah, it's not that interesting to the average consumer. But, what better way to learn what people want a device like this to do and ways to go about doing that than letting a bunch of talented people like those a RootzWiki play with it to their hearts' content? I'm sure we'll have local streaming via something like XBMC before long. I already like the idea of the social DJing, or whatever they called it. Letting anyone at a party throw a couple songs into the playlist would be really awesome.

That said, I won't be getting one. I'm not in a situation where I'll be needing anything like this. When you live with one other person in a single room, you don't need these things...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts