Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Developer
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm planning out the next rubiX rom, I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to do, so I'm asking you (the user)

Post what you would like (please post all 3 if you can) (NO TOOLBOX POSTS unless you're trolling, then I can't stop you) from:

Blurry (full blur, minor debloating, but very modified):

Fuzzy (medium amount of blur, very modified):

Focused (least amount of blur possible without being AOSP):

I have different plans for AOSP, so I'll post for that later, but those features/additions/etc will be things I enjoy, after the first release, I MAY take requests. Don't expect an AOSP rom for quite some time, though.

·
Rootz lurker
76 Posts
Oh I can't wait for these, are you doing three and trying to get ideas for all three or are you trying to decide which ones you want to do or what? as far as what I would like to see are scripts obviously, I'm MrSinister1 over on DF and I've always loved your stuff. I like to have plenty of scripts for various options and I would like to be able to sort of pick and choose what elements of blur I want so I think a blurry, fuzzy, and focused is a great idea and provides alot of options. I really liked the work that you did on the DX so offering some of the same stuff that you did back then would be cool. I like being able to change themes and fonts so maybe a theme changer and maybe like a rubix settings option to or something like that, I'm not really sure what all I'd like to see, your the dev so I'll trust your judgement. BTW why no toolbox posts do you get bombarded with them, just curious?

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
How about an overclock module?

Can't really think of anything for each, exactly. But, I will tell you my thoughts on what I would like to see in a blurry or fuzzy ROM:

An optimized camera.apk w/ some of the mods that have been floating around
Any way to modify the Blur launcher? I like the set up and some of the widgets, but I hate the rewrites and amount of RAM it takes. And the glare animation after switching screens is really unnecessary. I would imagine, if its possible to be removed, it would help performance...maybe?

Also, Safestrap support would be nice.

·
Supporting Member
147 Posts
I kinda like some of the Blur like camera and text messages, so maybe a medium amount of blur would be cool. Just do what you did with the DX and all is good.
People flocked to your roms like crazy.

·
Developer
229 Posts
The goal is to have 3 different versions, already pre-tailored (one full blur, one with say, blur camera, contacts, dialer, like liberty, and one with full aosp counterparts, like old rubix focused)

Mostly for ease of the user.

Toolboxes are something I would LIKE to do, but at this moment in time, I don't have the time to dedicate to writing an app and customizing it to that level. A script toolbox, similar to Apex, is something that WOULD be possible for me to do, but it wouldn't come till later releases. I already have scripts made for swapping out:

Blur mms and aosp mms
Blur calculator and aosp calculator
Blur email and aosp calculator
etc. etc.

These are things that I'm refreshing and renewing, but it is VERY doubtful they will work with focused, as the framework edits required are pretty intense to remove blur to that extent.

Blur home optimization is something that I can definitely look into, as it's been annoying me as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For blurry and focused, please please please make sure you have a way to turn data roaming on. I'm sure im not the only one that lives in the middle of nowhere, and Data and I have an outstanding relationship I don't wish to sever.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fuzzy or Focused. If you use all blur at least swap the launcher with adw or launcher pro. I really like how Liberty did their rom with the customizer.

Teleport Successful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts