Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
Need a little help - I'm a D2-er but my wife has an X2 so I'm doing a little ROMing for her. Currently have the Atrix ROM port installed on her X2.

I have been using the System Recovery app for getting into the ported Atrix Recovery (ver 2.5.1.8).

I've recently seen posts on Droid Life that ROM Manager is now compatible w/the X2, and that there is a new "real" CW Recovery (5.0.2.5) for the X2. I was able to find and download an X2 recovery.img file from the ClockworkMod site to verify it exists. (File name Recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.5-daytona.zip)

I have the most recent version of ROM Manager installed on her X2...so I need some help to clarify/confirm below:

1. I can now use ROM Manager to flash the new X2 Clockwork Recovery ver 5.0.2.5 via the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option in ROM Manager.

2. Once I have flashed the new recovery, I can get into it from ROM Manager using the Reboot into Recovery option. Related question - does the need to plug in the phone, etc., that exists w/the System Recovery app I've been using go away now?

3. Once I've flashed the new recovery, I assume I should stop using the "System Recovery" app to install and launch the 2.5.1.8 Recovery that I've been previously using, correct, or ?

4. Is there a new Clockwork Mod Bootstrap Recovery app for the X2 to replace the System Recovery app? Could not find one in the Market, nor on the ClockworkMod site...

5. I should not use ROM Manager to create/manage backups - continue to do that manually in Clockwork Recovery.

Appreciate help with above...

Thanks! :)

·
Android Lover
218 Posts
It Doesn't Work At All Right This Moment. Navendrob Is Talking With Koush How To Iron Out Whatever Didn't Go Right. It Shouldn't Long But We All Know Technology Developing There Are No ETA's.

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mikey said:
It Doesn't Work At All Right This Moment. Navendrob Is Talking With Koush How To Iron Out Whatever Didn't Go Right. It Shouldn't Long But We All Know Technology Developing There Are No ETA's.
Thanks for confirming current status, appreciate it. I'm not in any hurry, the current process I use with System Recovery works, though it is a bit clumsy.

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
........oops

1 - 4 of 4 Posts