Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start with "I am a rooter". My Thunderbolt is rooted and will always be rooted and with a custom ROM.

I was just wondering why I am seeing HTC phones that came out after the Thunderbolt reportedly getting Gingerbread before the Thunderbolt. And after the rumored update in June I thought it may be coming soon. It would be nice for the developers to have an official ROM and kernel source code to work with.

I'm just sayin'.

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
we're all wondering the same thing, my brothers dinc2 shipped with 2.3.3, yet the flagship 4g phone doesnt have it yet? im curious if google does some sort of RTM like microsoft does and htc is too busy working on ice cream sandwich than worrying about gingerbread, especially if its only going to be the most recent os for another few months. even still though you would think they would have a team of people whose job it is to push software updates

·
Android Apprentice
89 Posts
Because even HTC's devs are having a hard time with 4g lol.

That just goes to show how awesome slayher, r2doesinc, xoomdev, etc are

·
Android Apprentice
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I couldn't agree more Athorax. Our Dev's are top notch and that is why I would never go back to "stock".

·
Average Android
377 Posts
"wbvczar said:
Let me start with "I am a rooter". My Thunderbolt is rooted and will always be rooted and with a custom ROM.

I was just wondering why I am seeing HTC phones that came out after the Thunderbolt reportedly getting Gingerbread before the Thunderbolt. And after the rumored update in June I thought it may be coming soon. It would be nice for the developers to have an official ROM and kernel source code to work with.

I'm just sayin'.
Nevermind I can't read..ha

·
Domo Master
191 Posts
"00negative said:
Chingy's gingeritis 1.2 is based off what he says is the official GB release. Might check that rom and the latest radio out. I am getting really good battery life for a Sense Rom. I think Virus's latest Synergy Roms are using the new GB base as well
Not official gingerbread for the thunderbolt but its an official build and not a test build.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Newer devices are getting GB because they are 3G. The whole 4G thing is what is making things take longer (assuming of course). The only thing that doesn't make sense is they already got LTE working to release the phone so I don't see what is taking them so long to make it all work with GB.

·
Average Android
377 Posts
"chingy51o said:
Not official gingerbread for the thunderbolt but its an official build and not a test build.
Ah my bad misread it. But still pretty solid build. Working great for me, I got 24hours on a charge so can't complain

·
Domo Master
191 Posts
"Mustang302LX said:
Newer devices are getting GB because they are 3G. The whole 4G thing is what is making things take longer (assuming of course). The only thing that doesn't make sense is they already got LTE working to release the phone so I don't see what is taking them so long to make it all work with GB.
Its a lot more then just lte trust me. The thunderbolt has been a pain in htcs ass

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
So are our Thunderbolts' days numbered with the SGSII hitting our shores in August if we don't get an official update soon?

·
Not Your Average Android
127 Posts
Maybe Verizon is busy integrating more bloat. I still can't believe they put their vcast application inside the htc music app in the last update.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Not Your Average Android
127 Posts
chingy51o said:
these phones arnt simple. they can just say i want this to work and it works like magic. lol
And if they did we would be bored out of our minds, lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts