Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people (myself included) are really interested in this project. Maybe we can get a sticky up of how to get started helping out?

Personally, I am not a programmer, I just tinker. I am a hardware guy and work on Enterprise equipment but I have dabbled quite a bit. I have replaced some phone ROMs, played with HTML, Java, C++, and the like. Currently running Win7 64-bit with the working webOS emulator ready to go. I may have a 16GB TP version headed my way soon that I can use as a test machine as well. I just need some direction, so tell me where to look! Looking through the threads now but a How to: sure would be helpful.

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
What do you want to do? There's not much in the way of helping on the project to be done for people who aren't active developers yet. Put your device into devmode ("just type" webos20090606), NEVER ENTER A PASSWORD; then install Preware using WebOS Quick Install (easiest way if you have a PC handy IMO). Install some patches (do research over at PreCentral to find things that interest you). In other words, enjoy your device and when the devs are ready they'll let everyone know.

This device has been out for a while so...no need to be looking for keys, source files, etc.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
"Rlgod said:
Already done same as well. Have made a blog with how-tos and will make a tute on android when able to be done.
touchpadroid.blogspot.com

Rlgod
Thanks for the blog! It's what I was looking for.

Sent from my HTC Vision using RootzWiki Forums

1 - 4 of 4 Posts